Plant extracts show effect in chronic prostatitis
- Quercetin: Nature's antihistamine. Murray, Michael T. // Better Nutrition;Apr98, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on quercetin which is a flavonoid and a natural alternative to synthetic antihistamines. Details on flavonoids; What quercetin inhibits the making and release of; Allergic and inflammatory conditions which quercetin appears to be useful in; What persons should do in...
- Easy Foods That Ease Men's Secret Pain. // Prevention;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p60
Gives information on a study using the antioxidant quercetin for the treatment of prostatitis, or chronic prostate pain, in men.
- Clinical Roundup: Selected Treatment Options for Chronic Prostatitis. // Alternative & Complementary Therapies;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on treatments available for chronic prostatitis. It is noted that prostate massage is a technique that is used to treat prostatitis and other prostate disorders. It is mentioned that both musculoskeletal and urothelial dysfunctions are addressed and musculoskeletal modalities...
- Prostatitis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Nov1999, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the disease called prostatitis. Inflammation of the prostate; Forms of prostatitis; Management treatments. INSET: Diagnosing prostatitis..
- Asymptomatic Prostatitis Screening Prevents Unnecessary Biopsies. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;01/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p478
Reports on a study that found that identifying and treating asymptomatic prostatitis in men with elevated prostate-specific antigen levels reduced the number of biopsies. Interventions for asymptomatic prostatitis; Number of subjects in the study; Experimental procedure in the study.
- Take Treatment into Your Own Hands. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
Reports that masturbation may treat prostatitis, according to Turkish researchers.
- Newer technologies promising for chronic prostatitis. Kourambas, John // Urology Times;Jan2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the presentation of studies on the use of minimally invasive technologies in treating chronic nonbacterial prostatitis, at the 1999 World Congress on Endourology. Transurethral needle ablation; Transrectal microwave therapy; Transrectal microcurrent electrical therapy; Success rates;...
- Remedies for prostate health. // Homeopathy Today;Oct2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20
Presents guidelines for home prescribing of homeopathic medications for acute or chronic prostatitis. Agnus cactus; Apis mellifica; Baryta carbonica; Conium maculatum.
- TUNA shows promise in patients with prostatitis. Magee, James // Urology Times;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
Details findings of studies from Finland and Greece, reported at the 15th Congress of the European Association of Urology, which indicated that patients suffering from persistent nonbacterial prostatitis show an improvement in well-being and reduced symptoms with transurethra needle ablation...