Plant extracts show effect in chronic prostatitis
- Quercetin: Nature's antihistamine. Murray, Michael T. // Better Nutrition;Apr98, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on quercetin which is a flavonoid and a natural alternative to synthetic antihistamines. Details on flavonoids; What quercetin inhibits the making and release of; Allergic and inflammatory conditions which quercetin appears to be useful in; What persons should do in...
- Easy Foods That Ease Men's Secret Pain. // Prevention;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p60
Gives information on a study using the antioxidant quercetin for the treatment of prostatitis, or chronic prostate pain, in men.
- Clinical Roundup: Selected Treatment Options for Chronic Prostatitis. // Alternative & Complementary Therapies;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on treatments available for chronic prostatitis. It is noted that prostate massage is a technique that is used to treat prostatitis and other prostate disorders. It is mentioned that both musculoskeletal and urothelial dysfunctions are addressed and musculoskeletal modalities...
- Urologist resurrecting age-old technique of prostatic drainage. Bankhead, Charles // Urology Times;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on Filipino physician Antonio Feliciano Jr.'s technique of prostatic massage and drainage for the treatment of patients with chronic prostatitis. Description of the technique; Rise and fall of white blood cell as reflective of the unblocking of ducts and acini that have been clogged...
- TUNA shows promise in patients with prostatitis. Magee, James // Urology Times;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
Details findings of studies from Finland and Greece, reported at the 15th Congress of the European Association of Urology, which indicated that patients suffering from persistent nonbacterial prostatitis show an improvement in well-being and reduced symptoms with transurethra needle ablation...
- Prostatitis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Nov1999, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the disease called prostatitis. Inflammation of the prostate; Forms of prostatitis; Management treatments. INSET: Diagnosing prostatitis..
- Prostatitis: Let symptoms be your guide. // Modern Medicine;Apr95, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the success rate of surgery for patients with prostatic hyperplasia. Examples of the most bothersome symptoms of prostatitis; Watchful waiting for patients who are less bothered by their symptoms; Outcomes of surgery.
- My sexual healing. Brewster, Al // Natural Health;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p54
Relates how the author used naturopathic medicine to battle chronic prostatitis. Problems with impotence; Reassurances with acupuncture; Experience with tai chi; How to find a colon hygienist.
- Asymptomatic Prostatitis Screening Prevents Unnecessary Biopsies. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;01/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p478
Reports on a study that found that identifying and treating asymptomatic prostatitis in men with elevated prostate-specific antigen levels reduced the number of biopsies. Interventions for asymptomatic prostatitis; Number of subjects in the study; Experimental procedure in the study.