Plant extracts show effect in chronic prostatitis
- Quercetin: Nature's antihistamine. Murray, Michael T. // Better Nutrition;Apr98, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on quercetin which is a flavonoid and a natural alternative to synthetic antihistamines. Details on flavonoids; What quercetin inhibits the making and release of; Allergic and inflammatory conditions which quercetin appears to be useful in; What persons should do in...
- Easy Foods That Ease Men's Secret Pain. // Prevention;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p60
Gives information on a study using the antioxidant quercetin for the treatment of prostatitis, or chronic prostate pain, in men.
- Clinical Roundup: Selected Treatment Options for Chronic Prostatitis. // Alternative & Complementary Therapies;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on treatments available for chronic prostatitis. It is noted that prostate massage is a technique that is used to treat prostatitis and other prostate disorders. It is mentioned that both musculoskeletal and urothelial dysfunctions are addressed and musculoskeletal modalities...
- Urologist resurrecting age-old technique of prostatic drainage. Bankhead, Charles // Urology Times;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on Filipino physician Antonio Feliciano Jr.'s technique of prostatic massage and drainage for the treatment of patients with chronic prostatitis. Description of the technique; Rise and fall of white blood cell as reflective of the unblocking of ducts and acini that have been clogged...
- Prostatitis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Nov1999, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the disease called prostatitis. Inflammation of the prostate; Forms of prostatitis; Management treatments. INSET: Diagnosing prostatitis..
- Prostatitis: Let symptoms be your guide. // Modern Medicine;Apr95, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the success rate of surgery for patients with prostatic hyperplasia. Examples of the most bothersome symptoms of prostatitis; Watchful waiting for patients who are less bothered by their symptoms; Outcomes of surgery.
- My sexual healing. Brewster, Al // Natural Health;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p54
Relates how the author used naturopathic medicine to battle chronic prostatitis. Problems with impotence; Reassurances with acupuncture; Experience with tai chi; How to find a colon hygienist.
- Asymptomatic Prostatitis Screening Prevents Unnecessary Biopsies. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;01/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p478
Reports on a study that found that identifying and treating asymptomatic prostatitis in men with elevated prostate-specific antigen levels reduced the number of biopsies. Interventions for asymptomatic prostatitis; Number of subjects in the study; Experimental procedure in the study.
- Take Treatment into Your Own Hands. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
Reports that masturbation may treat prostatitis, according to Turkish researchers.