Positive Sign Appears on Detroit Med Center's Long Road Back
- Detroit Medical Center Starts Work on Major Capital Program. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/5/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33445, p4
The article reports on the launching of the 850 million U.S. dollar capital program by the new owners of the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan.
- One tough market: Detroit hospitals face heavy going. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;02/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30580, p26
Reports on the business challenges facing Detroit, Michigan-based hospitals. Hospitals' option of performing radical surgery to improve their finances; Debt downgrades suffered by Detroit Medical Center Inc.; Highly competitive condition of the Detroit market; Detroit Medical's plan to...
- Hospital contributes to Detroit revitalization. // AHA News;1/29/96, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the plan of the Detroit Medical Center to consolidate its operations into a new headquarters in late 1997 as part of a performing-arts/educational-office-center project.
- Sinai Hospital on fast track to redevelopment. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the demolition of the vacant Sinai Hospital in Detroit, Michigan by the Detroit Medical Center for the site's conversion into residential and commercial use.
- Facing future. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the future of buildings housing Hutzel Hospital and the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan in Detroit, are under review by their corporate parent, the Detroit Medical Center Incorporated. Financial issues; Joint venture plans; Feedback from David Campbell, president and chief...
- A big teaching center cuts the red tape. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;12/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p28
Reports on the reorganization of the Detroit Medical Center scheduled on January 1, 1996. Reduction of its board and committees; Consolidation of corporate organizations.
- DMC reorganizes to handle change. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p25
Reports that The Detroit Medical Center Inc. overhauled its management structure in anticipation of a major national and local healthcare reform. More responsibilities for hospital presidents; Medical Center's expectations in improving patient care while controlling costs.
- Magazine lists Harper among top hospitals. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/05/96, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p42
Reports that the neurology and urology departments of Detroit Medical Center Inc.'s Harper Hospital have been named among the best in those fields by the `U.S. News and World Report' magazine.
- DMC to cut costs 20% over 3 years; job losses certain. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;8/12/96, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p1
Reports on Detroit Medical Center's (DMC) plans to cut costs by 20% through 1999. Job reductions; Plans to restructure DMC's main campus north; Closure of the Rehabilitation Institute and Hutzel Hospital as inpatient institutions; DMC as Detroit area's third-largest hospital system;...