Strength Breeds Flexibility
- Loan Doubts Hang Over Spokane Convention Center Project. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p3
Discusses loan proposals for the Spokane, Washington-based convention center expansion project that will require the sale of $96 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds. Views of supporters and critics of the project; Usage of funds raised from the sale of $96 million of debt; Potential...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian; Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;04/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30363, p22
Presents data concerning negotiated loan sales transactions in the United States as of May 17, 1998. Includes Blytheville in Arkansas; National City Community Development in California; Byron Center Public Schools in Michigan.
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita // Bond Buyer;04/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30363, p44
Presents a chart depicting the results of competitive loan sales in the United States as of May 31, 1998. Includes Brentwood Union school district in California; Rowan County School District Finance Corp. in Kentucky; Berkeley Township in New Jersey.
- Opponents Kick Off Campaign Against Wake County, N.C., Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p34
Reports on the opposition of the Wake County Taxpayers Association against a bond request for schools and libraries in Wake County, North Carolina. Allocation of bond proceeds for school projects; Issuance of debt for school construction; Allocation of triple-A rating from major credit agencies.
- School board refinances bonds. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/14/98, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p19
No abstract available.
- NEW MEXICO: School GOs OK'd Amid Snow. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p7
The article reports on the effort of voters to endure a snowstorm for the approval of the 14 million dollars of general obligation bonds for the Ruidoso Municipal School District 3 in New Mexico.
- Seattle bond fails. // Education Week;12/7/94, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the failure of Seattle, Washington to pass the $332 school-construction bond.
- WISP Bond Issue May 12th Vote "No!" // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/9/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p6
The author looks at the bond issues related to the $20,000,000 proposal by the WISD administrators in Whitney, Texas.
- Steady Grades. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p31
Reports on the bond rating of Concordia University in Wisconsin.