Polivalencia laboral: un arma para la supervivencia
- Man sacked for showing naked ambition. // Personnel Today;2/1/2005, p44
The article reports that a worker in Des Moines, Iowa, has been fired from his job as a greeter at Wal-Mart for welcoming customers to his store with a photo of himself naked except for a strategically placed sack. Dean Wooten, had been working at the Wal-Mart for seven years when bosses heard...
- WHO GETS THE AX? Winski, Joseph M. // Advertising Age;1/28/91, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p27
The article the issue of choosing which employee to fire when an advertising agency lose accounts in the United States. Staff cuts in response to an account loss may weaken service to remaining accounts and place them in jeopardy. Still, employees account for 60% to 70% of agencies' operating costs.
- Ten Practical Suggestions for Terminating an Employee. DePree Jr., Chauncey M.; Jude, Rebecca K. // CPA Journal;Aug2007, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p62
The article offers practical suggestions for terminating an employee. Do not fire an employee in anger. This may seem obvious but, in the heat of the moment, self-control is paramount. Review the employee's file and the company's employment policies. A longtime employee whose personnel folder is...
- MANAGING A REDUNDANCY PROGRAMME. // Financial Management (14719185);Apr2005, p60
Provides tips on how to manage a redundancy program. Minimization of job losses; Selection of jobs to be cut and notification of staff; Management of the people left in the company.
- How to Make a Counteroffer. Falcone, Paul // HRMagazine;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p115
Presents information on creating a counteroffer strategy for employees who want to leave their jobs. Typical reasons for employee resignation; Importance for counteroffers to stem from a genuine concern for the needs of the subordinate; Example for initiating a counteroffer decision.
- A TIME SERIES ANALYSIS OF LAYOFF RATES. Barth, Peter S. // Journal of Human Resources;Fall71, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p448
This study attempts to shed some light on labor market behavior by examining layoff rates. Multiple regressions are employed to estimate layoff rate functions for 20 manufacturing industries using quarterly data. Some industries are found to postpone layoffs in the face of falling demand by at...
- How should I fire? Jurkiewicz, John // Pest Control;Mar2005, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p45
Discusses four practices to consider before terminating employees. Make company policies employee-friendly; Documentation; Terminating employees at will without breaking any labor laws; Securing a second opinion. INSET: See Jave run.
- MANAGEMENT GUIDE ON STRUCTURING AND IMPLEMENTING REDUCTIONS IN FORCE TO COMPLY WITH FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. Maatman Jr., Gerald L. // Labor Law Journal;Winter2001, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p199
This section provides a management guideline for companies seeking to avoid and limit potential liability associated with structuring and implementing a reduction in force (RIF) in the U.S. The first step usually involves a complete assessment of the company's management structure, departmental...
- PMK's Pat targets Dart. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;11/19/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the termination of Leslee Dart from her post as president of the publicity firm PMK/HBH. Reason for Dart's termination; Effect of Dart's termination on the firm; Comments of Dart on her removal.