Polivalencia laboral: un arma para la supervivencia
- Man sacked for showing naked ambition. // Personnel Today;2/1/2005, p44
The article reports that a worker in Des Moines, Iowa, has been fired from his job as a greeter at Wal-Mart for welcoming customers to his store with a photo of himself naked except for a strategically placed sack. Dean Wooten, had been working at the Wal-Mart for seven years when bosses heard...
- WHO GETS THE AX? Winski, Joseph M. // Advertising Age;1/28/91, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p27
The article the issue of choosing which employee to fire when an advertising agency lose accounts in the United States. Staff cuts in response to an account loss may weaken service to remaining accounts and place them in jeopardy. Still, employees account for 60% to 70% of agencies' operating costs.
- Ten Practical Suggestions for Terminating an Employee. DePree Jr., Chauncey M.; Jude, Rebecca K. // CPA Journal;Aug2007, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p62
The article offers practical suggestions for terminating an employee. Do not fire an employee in anger. This may seem obvious but, in the heat of the moment, self-control is paramount. Review the employee's file and the company's employment policies. A longtime employee whose personnel folder is...
- How to Make a Counteroffer. Falcone, Paul // HRMagazine;Nov2003, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p115
Presents information on creating a counteroffer strategy for employees who want to leave their jobs. Typical reasons for employee resignation; Importance for counteroffers to stem from a genuine concern for the needs of the subordinate; Example for initiating a counteroffer decision.
- How should I fire? Jurkiewicz, John // Pest Control;Mar2005, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p45
Discusses four practices to consider before terminating employees. Make company policies employee-friendly; Documentation; Terminating employees at will without breaking any labor laws; Securing a second opinion. INSET: See Jave run.
- Nightmare Firings. LaMotta, Connie // Direct;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p46
Cites several bad firing of employees working in direct marketing firms. Occasions that are considered a bad timing for terminating an employee; Ways to dismiss an employee on the spot; Best way to lessen the awkwardness in dismissing an employee.
- Three Truths About Firing. Mackay, Harvey // Across the Board;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p12
This article presents three truths about firing employees.
- Termination checklist. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p545
The article offers a guide to legal requirements of employee terminations in Great Britain. This guide presents an example of a resignation form that a resigning employee must fill up. The issues to be addressed when an employee leaves are enumerated. Moreover, this guide states the factors to...
- When It's Time to Say Good-by. Teratanavat, Ratapol; Kleiner, Brian // Nonprofit World;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
Discusses ways on how to discharge workers without legal difficulties. difference of layoff and termination; Grounds for termination; Development of layoff and termination strategy.