- What to Say When ... // Communication Briefings;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p5
The article offers tips on terminating an employee which include talking to the employee in private, explaining the reason for the termination and not allowing the employee to debate or argue with the decision.
- Man sacked for showing naked ambition. // Personnel Today;2/1/2005, p44
The article reports that a worker in Des Moines, Iowa, has been fired from his job as a greeter at Wal-Mart for welcoming customers to his store with a photo of himself naked except for a strategically placed sack. Dean Wooten, had been working at the Wal-Mart for seven years when bosses heard...
- Fire An Employee The Right Way. // Successful Supervisor;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses the proper way to terminate an employee, based on Susan M. Heathfield's "How To Fire With Compassion and Class" including giving the employee a chance to ask questions, retrieving company property from the employee, and escorting the employee out of the building.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Firing Someone. Grote, Dick // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/17/2016, p2
The author offers tips to managers on how to terminate a poorly performing employee and mentions creating a transition plan, strengthening the reason for the termination and writing the most important things to say to the employee.
- WHO GETS THE AX? Winski, Joseph M. // Advertising Age;1/28/91, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p27
The article the issue of choosing which employee to fire when an advertising agency lose accounts in the United States. Staff cuts in response to an account loss may weaken service to remaining accounts and place them in jeopardy. Still, employees account for 60% to 70% of agencies' operating costs.
- Nightmare Firings. LaMotta, Connie // Direct;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p46
Cites several bad firing of employees working in direct marketing firms. Occasions that are considered a bad timing for terminating an employee; Ways to dismiss an employee on the spot; Best way to lessen the awkwardness in dismissing an employee.
- PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS OF EMPLOYEE TERMINATION. Allison, Loren // Business People;Aug2012, p60
The article offers practical guides on terminating erring employees. According to the article, inconsistency in the application of discipline is a serious problem that may result in costly litigations so that it is imperative that discipline follow reasonably close in time to the conduct for...
- Redundancy the ACAS of Practice and. // British Baker;7/31/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 14, Special section p2
The article offers tips on how to determine a fair dismissal of redundant employees. It indicates that fair dismissal can be considered when a fair and transparent selection is being utilized, a possible alternative work is properly explored, and enough steps are taken to reduce or prevent...
- What would you have done? Nicholls, Vanessa // Works Management;Jan2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p48
The article provides the answers of the previously given questions regarding the importance of following proper dismissal procedures for employees. Based on the report presented, it has been shown that the letter written by the company complied with step one of the statutory dismissal procedure....