U.S. Plan To Build 'Wall' On Border Criticized
- Egypt Mulls Buffer Zone on Border with Gaza Strip. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;8/29/2011, p6
Brief information is given from a report in Egypt's Al-Masri Al-Yawm newspaper about the outlook for the Egyptian government to set up a buffer zone to stop drug and weapon smugglers from crossing the border between Gaza Strip and Egypt.
- Clinton 'concerned' about hikers, still engaging Iran. Johnson, Bridget // Hill;8/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 94, p6
The article reports on the concern of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on American tourists who were arrested by the Iranian government due to border security issue in 2009.
- Turkish Parliament To Debate Motion On Cross-Border Operation. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;10/03/2011, p5
The article reports that the Turkish parliament will debate a motion extending government's mandate to stage cross-border operations for another year.
- Border skirmish. // Asian Pacific Post;2/10/2011, p17
The article reports on the exchange of heavy fires between Thai and Cambodian soldiers on the two countries shared border in the first week of February 2011.
- Most Brits think border controls should be stricter. // Travel Weekly (UK);5/3/2012, Issue 2115, p9
The article focuses on the results of an online survey of 500 adults conducted during April 27-29, 2012 which found that two out of three adults in Great Britain who travel abroad believe that there should be tougher British border controls.
- Border security for citizens' safety. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/23/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p2
The article offers the author's viewpoint regarding the need of a more efficient border security for citizens of Texas along the 1,200 miles of international border which it shares with the Rio Grande.
- India, China Seek to Avoid Border Flare-ups. DANIEL, FRANK JACK // News India Times;01/27/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the agreement between China and India to avoid flare-ups along their disputed 4,000-kilometer border through the Himalayas.
- BORDER COMMITTEE MEETS TO DISCUSS STRATEGY. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);3/13/2010, Vol. 136 Issue 1193, p1
The article reports on the development of a new strategy by a Lebanese committee regarding the Syrian-Lebanese border security which is based from the United Nations (UN) resolution 1701 in the Middle East.
- Nepal struggles to deploy new 10,000-strong Tibet border security. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jan2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the decision of Nepal's government to position a new 10,000-strong border security force at the Tibet border.