- Washington utility paying cash for old appliances. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/31/94, Vol. 191 Issue 5, p8
Announces Potomac Electric Power Company's offer to pay residential customers for used refrigeration and air conditioning appliances. Benefit to both the customers and the company; Environmental goals; Terms of the program.
- Environmental accountability. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Jul93, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p10
Editorial. Analyzes the announcement of Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Institute regarding further limits of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) and hydrofluorocarbons (HCFC). Uses of CFC and HCFC; Effect on facilities' planning strategies; CFC phaseout; Refrigerant management; Equipment retrofit and...
- Refrigeration Industry Keeps Environment in Mind. // Process Cooling & Equipment;Nov/Dec2005, p42
Focuses on the dedication of refrigeration industry to the developing technologies that meet environmental regulations in the U.S.
- When a good thing goes bad: The problem with tax credits. Johnson, Wayne // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/05/99, Vol. 206 Issue 14, p22
Explains the adverse effects of United States federal tax credits to encourage the sale of high-efficiency air conditioning equipment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Comparison of the equipment cost; Waste of the federal money.
- AN ICY WIND of change. Chomka, Stefan // Food Manufacture;Dec2002, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p49
Reports on the European Commission's requirement for food manufacturers to install environment-friendly refrigeration systems. Phase-out of chloroflurocarbons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons; Total ban on the use of the refrigerant R22 by 2010; Growth in cryogenic freezing. INSET: INSULATED...
- Review of three case studies with thermal storage installations. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/22/93, Vol. 190 Issue 12, p15
Reports on a review of three case studies of chilled-water storage installations that demonstrate their energy savings qualities. Slide presentation by Product Manager for Chicago Bridge & Iron John Andrepont; Case studies of a 4,000-ton-hour community college installation; 44,800-ton-hour data...
- Terry `the terrific' tech. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p57
Presents a question and answer advisory on the retrofitting or replacement of industrial refrigeration equipment that use chlorofluorocarbons (CFC). Overall process to take that produces the best payback; Age and condition of current equipment; Information sources.
- Seek the leak. Johnson, Robert // Engineered Systems;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p70
Discusses the importance of installing a good facility refrigerant management plan. Compliance with United States regulations on refrigerant emissions; Phaseout of ozone-depleting refrigerants; Management of chillers and refrigerants; Chiller leaks as a major source of refrigerant emissions;...
- books, software & lit. // Snips;Aug2009, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p84
The article evaluates several products for the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning industry including the "Aquatherm and Environmental Responsibility Brochure" on environmentally friendly uses of polypropylene piping from Aquatherm Inc., the enhanced Wintac 2010 business management field...