Converting From Primary/Secondary to All-Variable Flow
- Freeze protecting water lines. Kenny, Thomas M.; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p108
Presents information on the protection of plant water lines from freezing and the benefits of having automatic drain/bleed valves installed. Information on the basic types of automatic drain valves; Definition of a bleed application; Installation tips available. INSET: Bleed/drain value...
- Products. // Supply House Times;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
Features several plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration products in the United States. Press-to-connect copper fittings and valves; Hydronic catalogs; Circulators; Residential boilers; Chemical waste drain system.
- Warming Up To New Products In 2004. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/20/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p8
Introduces various products for the heating & ventilation industry in the U.S. System type of Air-Ease developed by Armstrong Air Conditioning Inc.; Fuel capacity of Carrier Duct Free developed by Carrier Corp.; Description of Comfort-Aire by Heat Controller Inc.
- WINTER IS COMING. // Choice;May2014, p52
The article focuses on the features of various types of room heaters. It is noted that a great solution for heating a large space quickly and cost-effectively is a gas heater that provide instant heat and are much cheaper. It is mentioned that an electric heater will do the job for a small,...
- Taking the Next Step in Efficiency. Foster, Dick // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/15/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the need for the American heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry to consider combining zone control and the 13-seasonal energy efficiency ratio equipment to achieve higher energy efficiencies. A zoning system that uses motorized dampers for each zone will reduce...
- the HOTLINE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/7/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 10, p34
Answers questions related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. Air handler motor and premature failure; Effect of low charge on thermostatic expansion valves; Installation of traps for proper oil return when the condenser is much higher than the air-handling unit.
- Zone Valve. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/16/2012, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p8
The article offers brief information on the Zone Sentry chilled-water valve from Taco Inc.
- Optimizing Chilled Water Plants. Lu, Dawen // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Optimizing Design & Control of Chilled Water Plants, Part 2: Condenser Water System Design," by Steven T. Taylor in the September 2011 issue which discusses bypass valve functions.
- The Author Responds. Taylor, Steven T. // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p13
A response by Steven T. Taylor to a letter to the editor about his article "Optimizing Design & Control of Chilled Water Plants, Part 2: Condenser Water System Design" in the September 2011 issue, which discusses bypass valves, is presented.