Converting From Primary/Secondary to All-Variable Flow
- Freeze protecting water lines. Kenny, Thomas M.; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p108
Presents information on the protection of plant water lines from freezing and the benefits of having automatic drain/bleed valves installed. Information on the basic types of automatic drain valves; Definition of a bleed application; Installation tips available. INSET: Bleed/drain value...
- Products. // Supply House Times;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
Features several plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration products in the United States. Press-to-connect copper fittings and valves; Hydronic catalogs; Circulators; Residential boilers; Chemical waste drain system.
- WINTER IS COMING. // Choice;May2014, p52
The article focuses on the features of various types of room heaters. It is noted that a great solution for heating a large space quickly and cost-effectively is a gas heater that provide instant heat and are much cheaper. It is mentioned that an electric heater will do the job for a small,...
- Taking the Next Step in Efficiency. Foster, Dick // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/15/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the need for the American heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry to consider combining zone control and the 13-seasonal energy efficiency ratio equipment to achieve higher energy efficiencies. A zoning system that uses motorized dampers for each zone will reduce...
- Warming Up To New Products In 2004. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/20/2004, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p8
Introduces various products for the heating & ventilation industry in the U.S. System type of Air-Ease developed by Armstrong Air Conditioning Inc.; Fuel capacity of Carrier Duct Free developed by Carrier Corp.; Description of Comfort-Aire by Heat Controller Inc.
- the HOTLINE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/7/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 10, p34
Answers questions related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. Air handler motor and premature failure; Effect of low charge on thermostatic expansion valves; Installation of traps for proper oil return when the condenser is much higher than the air-handling unit.
- Application of the Operation Regulation Mode in the HVAC Engineering Teaching. Maoren Li // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 667-679, p1663
In this paper, through the stages of operation of air conditioning, the air conditioning system, fan coil surface type heat exchanger with the problem as an example, discusses the method will run regulation applied to air conditioning technology teaching. The operation regulation is not only...
- Zone Valve. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/16/2012, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p8
The article offers brief information on the Zone Sentry chilled-water valve from Taco Inc.
- Optimizing Chilled Water Plants. Lu, Dawen // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Optimizing Design & Control of Chilled Water Plants, Part 2: Condenser Water System Design," by Steven T. Taylor in the September 2011 issue which discusses bypass valve functions.