Viewing Sexual Media and Sexual Behaviors, Are They Really Related?
- DREAMING ABOUT IT! DO IT! Gallas, Desirée // Men's Fitness;Oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p68
The article presents ways to live out sexual desires such as getting the discretion of one's partner for sex in public, finding a space where the act can be watched, and giving one's partner total control over the experience.
- sex in college. // Seventeen;Mar2012, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p90
The article discusses the views of college students in the U.S. about getting into sex during college. A student from the University of Washington says that it is helpful to know what one wants before she makes out, as guys in college mean it as having sex. Another student from Drake University...
- Misogyny, Acculturation, and Ethnic Identity: Relation to Rape-Supportive Attitudes in Asian American College Men. Koo, Kelly; Stephens, Kari; Lindgren, Kristen; George, William // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Aug2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1005
Asian Americans have been understudied with respect to sexuality and rape and its contributory factors. Some attitudinal research has shown that Asian American college males tend to hold more rape-supportive beliefs than their White counterparts. Generally, this research treats ethnicity as a...
- University Studentsâ€™ Definitions of Sexual Abstinence and Having Sex. Byers, E. Sandra; Henderson, Joel; Hobson, Kristina M. // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Oct2009, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p665
We asked 298 heterosexual Canadian university students about their definitions of the terms abstinence and having sex. For both terms, students were provided with a list of 17 sexual behaviors and indicated whether they would include each in their definition. The majority of both male and female...
- O Conceito de OrientaÃ§Ã£o Sexual na Encruzilhada entre Sexo, GÃªnero e Motricidade. Cardoso, Fernando Luiz // Revista Interamericana de PsicologÃa;Jan-Apr2008, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p69
This article discusses some theoretical contributions in the field of the human sexuality, as well as, important concepts and their articulation as sex, gender, motricity and sexual orientation. I avoided taking the comfortable posture politically correct when trying to discuss these categories...
- CONDOM PROBLEMS. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p739
States that according to a study by the CDC, college students in Georgia reported breakage, slippage or incomplete usage of condoms, during sexual intercourse. What was identified as the most common problem of condoms; Identification of other problems; Discussion on infection risk.
- Magnitude Effects of Sexual Reinforcement in Japanese Quail (Coturnix japonica). Baquero, Alejandro; Puerta, Adriana; Guti�rrez, Germ�n // International Journal of Comparative Psychology;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p113
The effect of the magnitude of sexual reinforcement on the extinction of a running response was studied in quail. In Experiment 1, a group of subjects (L) received copulatory access to eight females, whereas a second group (S) received access to a single female. Both groups acquired the running...
- The doin' it diaries. // Dolly;Jun2005, Issue 416, p124
Discusses the truth about first-time sex. Experiences of losing virginity; Regrets of some girls in giving up their virginity; Ages when virginity is lost.
- PERCEPTIONS OF RELIGIOUS AND NONRELIGIOUS TARGETS WHO PARTICIPATE IN PREMARITAL SEX. Isaac, Susan V.; Bailey, Roger C.; Isaac, Walter L. // Social Behavior & Personality: an international journal;1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p229
University students (N = 276) read one of twelve scenarios that varied a target's gender, the target's length of delay in a dating relationship before onset of sexual intercourse (1 month vs. 6 months), and degree of a target's religious involvement (never attended church, occasionally attends...