The Need For Speed
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATORS. // Cable World (10427228);6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p12
Introduces articles dealing with profiles of several cable professionals who have made lasting contributions to the cable industry.
- Pumping up the metro. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the evolution of broadband technology. Proliferation of broadband access; Growth in metro of DWDM; Emphasis on bandwidth and pricing.
- The broadband BOON. Cop, Didier // Telephony;09/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p60
Gives advice to service providers on the deployment of broadband networks. Increase in end-users of broadband networks; Implementation of technology solutions; Discussion on developing technology solutions.
- 3G faces different issues to broadband. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;8/8/2002, p20
Discusses issues on broadband technology. Problems relating to third generation technology; Proposal of the government for the creation of a 'Channel 4 for the broadband age.'
- DSL upstarts fight Bells' ambitions. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Reports the continued growth of the digital subscriber line (DSL) broadband technology in the United States. Experience of the technology with public relations problems; Expansion of DSL business including value-added services; Reaction of midsize organizations on DSL services.
- High-revenue stakes draw broadband service creators. Baptiste, Andrea // Communications News;Sep2001, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p56
Focuses developments on broadband services in multiple-tenant unit (MTU) based businesses in the U.S. Need of MTU on managed telephony and internet protocol services; Estimation cost on communication services; Developments on broadband services-creation platforms; Benefits on the...
- Basics: Broadband access. Kim, Gary // America's Network;11/01/94, Vol. 98 Issue 21, Hybrid Fiber/Coax... p4
Discusses the technology of hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) network as a local loop access platform for data transmission. Support for heterogenous traffic of widely-varying bandwidth; Elements of the access platform; Physical topology.
- State broadband authority begins funding programs. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/17/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the financing of technology development programs by the Broadband Development Authority of Michigan. Estimated amount of funds granted by the authority; Description of technology development programs.
- Forget the Dot-Coms, Here Comes Broadband. Fisher, Sara // Orange County Business Journal;08/23/99, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the growth of broadband communication systems in California. Deployment of entertainment and interaction; Companies offering broadband services. INSET: What's Available and What's Coming.