Canada Gets 2.5 GPRS, But Is There A Demand?
- Nortel equips Fido with IN services. // RCR;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p26
Reports on the agreement by Northern Telecom Limited, to supply Global System for Mobile communications-based intelligent network services, to Microcell Connexions. Value of the agreement; Where the services are based; Details on Microcell's operations.
- Microcell adds coverage between Montreal, Quebec. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p40
Reports the expansion of the coverage of the personal communications services network of Global System for Mobile Communications operator Microcell Connexions Inc. in Montreal and Quebec City in Canada.
- Microcell establishes 3G test facility. // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p26
Announces the plans of Microcell Connexions Incorporated to establish a testing facility for third-generation wireless communications services. Who Microcell is cooperating with; Information on the project; How the project will be funded; Comments from Norman Wai, chief operating officer of...
- Newbridge supplies Microcell's system. // RCR;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p31
Reports that Microcell Connexions Incorporated has selected Newbridge Networks to supply a nationwide fully digital Time Division Multiplex backbone network in Canada. Reason Newbridge was selected.
- Microcell to buy Schlumberger SIMs. // RCR;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p22
Reports that Microcell Connexions Inc. has purchased SIMflex dual-mode subscriber identity module cards from Schlumberger Cards and Terminals.
- Ericsson readies GPRS for Microcell. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p27
Informs that telecom firms Ericsson and Canada's Microcell Connexions Inc. entered a contract for a new GPRS network.
- Nortel equips Microcell with IN prepaid. // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p53
Reports that Nortel Communications Systems Inc. has delivered its digital intelligent network prepaid personal communications services solution to Microcell Connexions Inc.
- Ericsson arranges Microcell financing. // RCR;9/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p76
Reports on Ericsson Communications Canada's arrangement of financing for Microcell Connexions Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Microcell Telecommunications Inc.
- New dog, new tricks. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/25/97, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p14
Reports that Microcell Connexions has enlisted Northern Telecom to provide service and operational flexibility across its wireless network in Canada. Background information on the companies; Terms of the agreement; Features of the wireless network.