Sprint PCS Introduces All-in-one Rate Plan
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Maybe Next Year? Beach, Tarre; Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the wireless services offered by Sprint PCS company. Reason of people for using Sprint PCS service; Cities covered by the signals of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
Presents information on wireless communication carrier Sprint PCS. Number of subscribers and employees in the third quarter of 2001; Information on the Clear Pay plan of the company.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.
- Sprint's 1X View. Lee, Barb // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p50
Provides information on the next-generation technology of Sprint PCS, a wireless communications company. Details regarding the technology; Investment for the technology; Impact of the innovation to data technology.
- Sprint PCS to launch wireless service next week. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;9/13/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p6
Reports the launch of wireless telecommunication services by Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico. Rate plans offered; Advantages of the services to customers; Creation of jobs.
- PREPAID WIRELESS PLANS LOSING THEIR STIGMA. Carroll, Kelly; Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/29/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p16
Reports that wireless carriers are considering the prepaid wireless plans in their subscriber growth strategies after the prepaid plan of Sprint PCS resulted in increased subscribers. Key features of Sprint's account spending limit plan; Plans of other carriers.
- THE CHURN BURN. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;1/1/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the number of subscribers of wireless telecommunication carriers in the U.S. in 2006. Sprint Nextel was able to increase its postpaid subscription count to 2.4% due to its high-speed mobile services. Verizon Wireless indicated a 1.24% total churn with 1.15% retail and...