FCC Delays Deutsche Telecom Deal To Analyze Impact
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- FCC Approves DT Merger. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission approved the merger of the Deutsche Telekom company with the VoiceStream Wireless company and Powertel Inc. Issues raised about the merger; Significance of the merger to the telecommunication industry.
- Powell Adviser: VoiceStream Merger Is Guideline. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p4
Reveals what the approval of the merger of Deutsche Telekom AG and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. signals for future deals before the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). What the major theme of FCC Chairman Michael Powell's agenda includes.
- FCC OKs DT/VoiceStream combo. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless by German company Deutsche Telekom. How analysts view the merger of the companies; Implications of the merger to the telecommunications industry in the...
- 'Tear Down This Wall' Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p4
Comments on the regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and foreign company, Deutsche Telekom AG. Provisions of the proposed legislation at the Congress about foreign investments on the telecommunication industry;...
- VoiceStream Optimism Overshadows Losses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p3
Reports the advantages of VoiceStream Wireless Corporation's merger with Deutsche Telekom. Opinion of VoiceStream chairman John Stanton on the merger; Details on the weak business performance of VoiceStream; Terms of the merger agreement.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- Clearing The High Hurdles. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States (U.S.) telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Opposition of the European Union on a proposed U.S. legislation which will block the merger plans; Reasons behind the concerns of...