FCC Delays Deutsche Telecom Deal To Analyze Impact
- Under the microscope. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p50
Deals with the efforts to block the bid of Germany's Deutsche Telekom (DT) for VoiceStream Wireless of the United States (U.S.). Bill introduced to remove the ability of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to waive a statute that prohibits U.S. telecommunications licenses; Percentage of...
- FCC Approves DT Merger. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission approved the merger of the Deutsche Telekom company with the VoiceStream Wireless company and Powertel Inc. Issues raised about the merger; Significance of the merger to the telecommunication industry.
- Powell Adviser: VoiceStream Merger Is Guideline. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p4
Reveals what the approval of the merger of Deutsche Telekom AG and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. signals for future deals before the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). What the major theme of FCC Chairman Michael Powell's agenda includes.
- FCC OKs DT/VoiceStream combo. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless by German company Deutsche Telekom. How analysts view the merger of the companies; Implications of the merger to the telecommunications industry in the...
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- Clearing The High Hurdles. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Deals with regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States (U.S.) telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG. Opposition of the European Union on a proposed U.S. legislation which will block the merger plans; Reasons behind the concerns of...
- 'Tear Down This Wall' Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p4
Comments on the regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and foreign company, Deutsche Telekom AG. Provisions of the proposed legislation at the Congress about foreign investments on the telecommunication industry;...
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.