Deals Grow As VC Waters Slow
- BRIGHT LIGHTS Communication Startups Attract Venture Funding Despite Telecom Showdown. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p18
Reports on venture capitalists' investments in communication startups n Orange County, California. Total venture investments in startup companies that make communication technology; Bitfone Corp.'s development of software, mProve that allows wireless service providers and phone makers to update...
- The cup runneth over. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;01/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p66
Focuses on the business relationship between venture capitalists and investment banks in the United States. Amount of money raised by telecommunication companies between 1998 and 1999; Details on investments of the companies and their venture outfits. INSET: Briefly.
- Winning venture capital financing. Mason, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p55
No abstract available.
- Start-up to IPO: When looking for a VC, do your homework. Mason, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p56
No abstract available.
- Suddenly, Big is Bad and Small Is Bountiful. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;1/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Reports the financial stability of the telecommunications industry in New Jersey. Impact of company downsizing on employment opportunities in Aralight; Plans of increasing the venture capital of Lumeta; Focus of Country Road Communications on rural telecommunications.
- The Next Telecom Homeland: China China's acceptance into WTO this month boosts prospects. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Reports on the prospects for growth of telecommunication and technology market in China. Reason behind expectations of venture capitalists and corporate investors for the growth of telecom market in China; Demands for computer chips in the country; Plans of Motorola Inc. and Intel Corp. to...
- Innovative Outlook For 2002. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p1
Predicts the status of the wireless communication industry in the United States in 2002. Attitude of venture capitalists toward committing funds to telecom business; Business models in the industry; Views on the mobile virtual network operators.
- Mobileum aims to simplify corporate wireless Web deployment. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p18
Focuses on Pleasanton, California-based Mobileum's receipt of millions in first-round venture funding for its system to simplify communications between corporate enterprises and their mobile workers.
- VCs still nursing burnt fingers. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the funding of telecommunication companies by venture capitalists in Europe. Funding for companies specializing in optical networking, next-generation wireless and broadband solutions; Telecommunication deals as of August 2003; Equity value of venture capitalists' technology...
- Telecom/wireless venture financing sets record in 4Q. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p38
Reports on venture-capital investments in telecommunication and wireless communication companies in the United States for 2000.