CTIA Files Comments On Cap
- FCC Spectrum Decision Could Benefit Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the benefits of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) frequency spectrum decision. Details on the spectrum-sharing arrangement set-up by FCC; Remarks from CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler; Effect of the FCC ruling on wireless carriers.
- CTIA: Spectrum Reports Flawed. // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the flawed reports of CTIA on using upper spectrum bands. Reason for the failure of the reports.
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- Spectrum Debate Stalls. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p3
Deals with a debate between wireless trade association CTIA and the United States Department of Defense regarding the reallocation of some military spectrum for third-generation services. Introduction of a legislation that would give the department financial incentives for relocation of...
- CTIA: The Show Must Go On. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler's decision to go on with CTIA Wireless I.T. & Internet 2001 show in San Diego, California on September 11, 2001 despite the disaster caused by terrorist attacks in the United States. Reason for the decision; Attendance at the...
- `Internet On Viagra' At Wireless I.T. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the 1999 Wireless Information Technology (IT) from CTIA. Number of exhibitors and preregistered attendees; Comments by CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the 1999 Wireless IT; Information on the announcements that will be made at the show.
- CTIA blasts satellite industry's complaints about 5G spectrum. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;7/11/2016, p1
The article focuses on the disagreement between the satellite and terrestrial mobile industries in the U.S. and mentions the response of the CTIA Wireless Association to the complaints of the former over the fifth generation (5G) spectrum. It mentions how the association reminded the Federal...
- CTIA Petition Takes On MSS. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p5
Looks at the petition submitted by CTIA and New ICO company to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the allocation of 2 gigahertz (GHZ) frequency spectrum. Petition submitted by CTIA to the FCC which calls for the reallocation of 2 GHz spectrum from satellite to...
- Safety Officials Take Offense. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p6
Reports on a letter from CTIA president and chief executive Tom Wheeler urging better cooperation in providing enhanced 911 call services in the United States. Reaction of officials from the National Emergency Number Association and the Association of Public-Safety Communications...