With Popularity Comes Security Problems
- Strike First or There's a Good Chance a Hacker Will. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;02/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the importance of network security in computer systems. Security threats in companies according to experts from business and law enforcement; Breaches found in systems not regularly updated; Factors of a successful security.
- Latest security/firewall products. // Communications News;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p74
Features a variety of computer network security products. Vanguard Security Reporter; F-Secure Anti-Virus Macro Control; CY-S security option for backup subsystems; Gauntlet Global Virtual Private Network 4.1.
- REMOTE MANAGER'S SECURITY CHEAT SHEET. Kistner, Toni // Network World;02/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p28
Offers advice to network managers and teleworkers on how to ensure the security of their computer networks. Benefits of using a remote access Virtual Private Network (VPN) and a desktop firewall; Advantages of integrating VPN and desktop firewall products; Updating a centralized policy management.
- IDS tools smarten up. Desmond, Paul // Network World;9/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p57
Reports on how customer dissatisfaction with signature-based intrusion-detection systems (IDS) for computer network security has led to the rising demand for anomaly-based IDS. Drawbacks of implementing signature-based IDS; Enhancement of security by detecting aberrant traffic patterns or...
- The application identity crisis. Blum, Daniel // Network World;10/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p45
Reports on the need of development of a comprehensive identity management architecture for computer security. Application of integrated management programs in security; Plans of introducing identity products in market.
- Building security by making holes. Bradner, Scott // Network World;1/13/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
Lists computer files and programs that may be erased to ensure enterprise network security. Non-NT versions of Windows; Password authentication; Telnet; Government studies on how to secure the Internet.
- Intrusion-detection apps boost security. Wilder, Throop // Network World;1/13/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on computer network intrusion detection system (IDS). Essential components of IDS; Diagram showing how the system works.
- 2003 is the year of network security. Yoke, Chuck // Network World;3/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p47
Presents a forecast on computer network security in the U.S. for the year 2003. Need for companies to view network security from a regulatory and competitive standpoint; Accountability of companies for ensuring that personal information in their systems is secure; Protection needed to ensure...
- Data defenders. Karp, Michael // Network World;6/16/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p39
Focuses on storage security appliances for computer networks. Use of encryption to protect data; Protection of transactions on Web sites; Use of Secure Sockets Layer.