Nominees Get Thumbs Up
- FCC nominees waltz through hearing, committee approval expected Thursday. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the confirmation hearings for United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) nominees before the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in May 2001. Telecommunication issues raised by the committee; Information on the FCC nominees.
- Where are they now? // Broadcasting & Cable;04/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 15, p70
Features members of former United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt's staff. Includes former chief of staff Blair Levin.
- Through and through. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p120
Comments on the appointment of Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Significance of technology innovation to how he will handle issues concerning the industry; Reaction elicited by his technology observations; Implication of Powell's assertion that...
- Bush to nominate Martin, Abernathy, Kopps to FCC. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Reports the nomination of several people by United States President George W. Bush to the Federal Communications Commission as of April 2001. Names of his nominees; Professional backgrounds of his nominees.
- Powell Stood Fast with Democrat. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p3
Reports that United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Michael Powell has decided to appoint John Rogovin as the agency's deputy general counsel. Importance of Rogovin's position for the agency's policy and litigation strategy; Career background of the executive; Task and...
- New day dawns at FCC. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the appointments at the United States Federal Communications Commission as of March 12, 2001.
- New FCC chairman steps up. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;01/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the appointment of Michael Powell as head of the United States Federal Communications Commission which drew mixed reactions from the high technology industry. Groups which approved the appointment; Position held by Powell before his appointment. INSET: INDUSTRIES CRAVE FCC...
- Ness gets the nod. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p20
Reports that the United States government has granted U.S. Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Susan Ness her recess appointment. Reaction of Ness to her recess appointment; Overview on prospects regarding the possibility that Ness would serve the federal agency for another term;...
- The commissioner you know. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p70
Editorial. Comments regarding the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) decision to extend Susan Ness' tenure as chairman with a recess appointment. Justification for the federal agency's move; Possibility that Ness would be reappointed as FCC chairman for another term;...