White House Backs Delays
- Fixed penalty. Ball, Richard // Electronics Weekly;9/4/2002, Issue 2066, p26
Discusses the auctioning of fixed wireless access (FWA) technology in Great Britain. Viable business case for FWA; Advantage of low frequency FWA systems; Cost of FWA in Great Britain.
- Industry paying the price for 3G spectrum. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p76
Provides updates related to wireless communications systems. Entry of third generation cellular phones into mainstream marketing; Codification of the IMT-2000 standards; Impact of the German spectrum auction on the broadband cellular phone market.
- D.E.F auction focus. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, PCS Edge p4
Presents charts depicting auctions of wireless communications in the United States as of February 17, 1997. Includes Altel Mobile; AT&T Wireless; BellSouth Wireless.
- Brazil suspends wireless auction. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
Reorts that Brazil's telecommunications regulator Anatel has suspended the planned auction for the three of nine new licenses due to lack of bidders.
- Canadian auction brings in nearly $1B. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
Reports that the Canadian auction of two GHz spectrum ended January 31, 2001 with the remaining five companies spending $991.8 million total on additional wireless spectrum.
- India's Wireless Auction Reaps Billions for Gov't. // India -- West;6/18/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pA38
The article reports that auction of wireless broadband spectrum in India has brought eight billion dollars in fees which could help plug fiscal deficit for the country.
- LMDS: Not coming soon to a market near you. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;04/20/98, Vol. 5 Issue 15, pI-8
Reports on the Local Multipoint Distribution Service (LMDS) auction at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which ended on March 25, 1998, netting an estimated $578.7 million. Indication that the LMDS auction was perceived by the commission to be a means of driving competition in the...
- Learning from other's mistakes. Eichner, Cristina // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p12
Comment on the need for international wireless communication companies to learn from each other's mistakes as exemplified by the flaws in the frequency auction for wireless companies in Great Britain. Bids surpassing the $20 billion mark; Concerns that the high bids will have negative impact on...
- Venezuela to auction 20 licenses. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p58
Informs on Venezuela's auction of 20 wireless local loop licenses in the 3.4 GHz to 3.6 GHz frequency band.