European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP): the path towards a true partnership
- Clinical trial fellowships. // WHO Drug Information;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p154
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is an initiative by European Union Member Countries and Norway to reinforce research into the development of new clinical interventions against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in developing countries. A major objective is to...
- Cancer Experts Call for Major Research Changes. Ward, Philip // Applied Clinical Trials;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses a meeting held in Brussels, Belgium on February 20, 2013 in which authors of the publication "Lancet Oncology,' reflected on the clinical research of pediatric cancer. The meeting was hosted by Glems Willmott, Member of the European Parliament (MEP), and was organized in...
- Testing Times for Clinical Trials in Europe. O'Donnell, Peter // Applied Clinical Trials;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
The article offers information on a radical new system proposed by the European Commission, replacing the European Union's 2001 clinical trials rules. It informs that the system is a way of avoiding the minefield of distinct national ethical reviews through the arcane mechanisms of the European...
- Radiopharmaceuticals are special, but is this recognized? The possible impact of the new Clinical Trials Regulation on the preparation of radiopharmaceuticals. Decristoforo, C.; Penuelas, I.; Elsinga, P.; Ballinger, J.; Winhorst, A.; Verbruggen, A.; Verzijlbergen, F.; Chiti, A. // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Nov2014, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p2005
The authors reflect on the potential impact of new regulations for clinical trials on preparing radiopharmaceuticals in Europe. They mention that the drugs are considered as investigational medicinal products within the trials under Directive 2001/83 of the European Parliament and the Council of...
- The Pulse on Global Trials. Howes, Matthew // CenterWatch Weekly;7/20/2015, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p6
The article discusses aspects of the European Union's clinical trial regulation, which would take effect in May 2016 and would repeal the European Parliament's 2001 directive. It highlights the concerns expressed by experts that the rule would create confusion around non-interventional clinical...
- How the European Parliament Works. // Hill;7/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 79, p16
The article offers information on the functions of the European Parliament including as partner with the Council of European Union (EU) in making decisions of about two-thirds of proposals for the EU legislation and having budgetary powers and democratic control over all the European institutions.
- Nigeria Stock Exchange CG rating system. // Governance Newsletter;Apr2014, Issue 238, p5
The article offers information on an agreement between the European Parliament and the European Union Member States in the European Council related to an amendment to accounting legislation to improve the transparency of companies on social, environmental and bribery matters as of April 2014.
- Letter from Brussels. Spiers, Shaun // New Statesman & Society;8/12/94, Vol. 7 Issue 315, p11
Discusses the growing importance of the European Parliament in light of the expansion of its powers by the Maastricht Treaty. Resolutions in its July 1994 session; Activities of British European Parliament (MEP) members; Role in amending European Legislation.
- Moment. HERZOG, CHRISELLA // Diplomatic Courier;Jul2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p82
The article argues that the changes in Brussels, Belgium brought by the change in dialogue from the populations of the 28 Member States, which was reflected in the results of the European Parliament elections, will set the course of the European Union for the next five years.