Effects of an irregular bedtime schedule on sleep quality, daytime sleepiness, and fatigue among university students in Taiwan
- Irregular Sleep Habits of Parents Are Associated with Increased Sleep Problems and Daytime Sleepiness of Children. Komada, Yoko; Adachi, Naomi; Matsuura, Noriko; Mizuno, Koh; Hirose, Kazuhiro; Aritomi, Ryoji; Shirakawa, Shuichiro // Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine;Oct2009, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p85
Longitudinal studies in Japan indicate that nocturnal sleep onset has become later and sleep duration has progressively shortened. This study aimed to investigate the relationship between sleep patterns and sleep problems among children, and to determine the association between parents and their...
- Getting a Good Night's Sleep. // Alternative Medicine Alert;Jul2007, Vol. 10 Issue 7, pS1
This article presents sleeping habits that may improve quantity and quality of sleep. It is important to leave at least 7 hours of sleep per day. Other activities, such as reading and watching television (TV) must be avoided while in bed. Smoking must be limited before bedtime. Taking a warm...
- Nap vs. Coffee. // Good Housekeeping;May2008, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p39
The article focuses on a French study which examined whether a nap or coffee is more effective in combating sleepiness. Two groups--one ages 20 to 25, the other in their 40s--were asked to drive a car at 80 miles an hour without veering out of their lane. Decaf did not help either group, but...
- Daytime sleepiness: An epidemiological study of young adults. Breslau, Naomi; Roth, Thomas; Rosenthal, Leon; Andreski, Patricia // American Journal of Public Health;Oct97, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p1649
Objectives. Although excessive daytime sleepiness is associated with increased risks for accidents, decreased productivity, and interpersonal difficulties, information on its epidemiology is scarce. This paper examines correlates of and suspected risk factors for daytime sleepiness from a...
- Clinical aspects associated with adjustment in unusual sleepers. Sexton-Radek, Kathy // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug98, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p261
Reports on the measurement of young adult sleepers' sleep behavior and self-reported adjustment. Differentiation in adjustment of unusual sleepers; How sleep behavior is measured; In-depth look at the unusual sleep duration pattern.
- h.s. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1096
An encyclopedia entry for "h.s.," which stands for hora somni or at bed time, is presented.
- What's love got to do with it? // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2002, Issue 5311, p29
Reports on the results of a bedtime behavior survey in Great Britain.
- How to fall asleep fast. Maas, James; Morawetz, David; AS // Men's Health;Apr98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p168
Presents tips on how to fall asleep fast. Proper mental concentration; Importance of a regular sleeping habit; Best temperature for sleeping.
- Stress triggers of long, short, and variable sleep patterns. Sexton-Radek, Kathy // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug98, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p225
Reports on a study which measured several young adult sleepers' stress and sleep patterns. Measurement of the time series analysis of sleep report; In-depth look at the sleep duration's natural patterns; Identification of the age and lifestyle factors.