Understanding the Relationship between Activity and Neighbourhoods (URBAN) Study: research design and methodology
- Combined effect of body mass index and body size perception on metabolic syndrome in South Korea: results of the fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (2010-2012). Sook Hee Yoon; Kyu-Tae Han; Sun Jung Kim; Tae Yong Sohn; Byungyool Jeon; Woorim Kim; Eun-Cheol Park // BMC Public Health;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Body mass index (BMI) has been used as an indirect predictor for the risk of metabolic syndrome. However, there are challenges in evaluating the risk of metabolic syndrome using BMI in certain parts of the world. Therefore, it is worth exploring additional factors that could...
- Perceived Environmental Correlates of Physical Activity and Walking in African Young Adults. Oyeyemi, Adewale L.; Adegoke, Babatunde O. A.; Oyeyemi, Adetoyeje Y.; Sallis, James F. // American Journal of Health Promotion;May/Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, pe10
Purpose. Evidence on environmental correlates of physical activity (PA) conducted in Western developed countries may not be generalizable to Africa. This study examined the associations between perception of the neighborhood environment and PA and walking in African young adults. Design....
- Systematic review on measurement properties of questionnaires assessing the neighbourhood environment in the context of youth physical activity behaviour. Reimers, Anne K.; Mess, Filip; Bucksch, Jens; Jekauc, Darko; Woll, Alexander // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: High-quality measurement instruments for assessing the neighbourhood environment are a prerequisite for identifying associations between the neighbourhood environment and a person's physical activity. The aim of this systematic review was to identify reliable and valid questionnaires...
- Building Capacity in Physical Activity and Public Health. Pate, Russell R.; Gay, Jennifer L.; Brown, David R.; Pratt, Michael // Journal of Physical Activity & Health;Sep2011 Supplement 2, Vol. 8, pS149
An introduction is presented which in which the editors discuss the importance of capacity-building for research, teaching, and training in physical activity and public health.
- Book review. // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Sep2013, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p1000
The article reviews the book "Foundations of Physical Activity and Public Health" edited by H. W. Kohl and T. D. Murray.
- Building Capacity in Physical Activity and Public Health. Pate, Russell R.; Gay, Jennifer L.; Brown, David R.; Pratt, Michael // Journal of Physical Activity & Health;Aug2011 Supplement, pS149
The article introduces the issue, which is intended to recognize the contributions of the Physical Activity and Public Health (PAPH) Postgraduate Course on Research Directions and Strategies.
- Welcome. Cresswell, Jackie // SportEX Health (14718154);Oct2010, Issue 26, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the contents of the issue including an article on project or initiative evaluation, an article on motivating people towards an active lifestyle, and an article on governmental promotion of physical activity.
- Addressing the Wicked Problem of Obesity through Planning and Policies. // PLoS Medicine;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss physical activity in the context of public health.
- SECULAR TRENDS IN BASIC BODY TRANSVERSAL PARAMETERS IN ADULT LATVIAN WOMEN BETWEEN 1929-1930 AND 2001-2005. Kažoka, Dzintra; Vētra, Jānis // Papers on Anthropology;2008, Vol. 17, p158
The secular change in body size across populations provides information about public health changes and living conditions over time. Latvia has experienced considerably more changes in 20th and 21st centuries, which their impacts on the adult women body parameters have not been assessed...