Assessment of dietary intake among pregnant women in a rural area of western China
- Folate, vitamin D, and iron intakes are low among pregnant Finnish women. Erkkola, M.; Karppinen, M. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Oct1998, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p742
Presents the results of a study which assessed the nutrient consumption and dietary habits of pregnant women in Finland. Number of pregnant women who participated in the study; Main sources of energy in the diet of the pregnant women; Percent of the women who met the folate intake requirements;...
- ASK DR. WEIL. // Fit Pregnancy;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p114
The article provides an answer to a question of what supplements or herbs a woman should take during pregnancy.
- What are they eating? Robinson, Jean // British Journal of Midwifery;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p270
Discusses the diet of pregnant women. Studies indicating the shortage of nutrients consumed by pregnant, underprivileged women; Over-emphasis on weight control in health education; Strong influence of nutrition on mothers' mental health.
- Pregnant and eating out? Shivlani, Sonali // Mother & Baby;Jul2015, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p66
The article offers tips on how pregnant women can enjoy eating without compromising their health which includes avoiding fried foods, keeping away from buffets to prevent over eating, and planning a meal with unrefined carbohydrates.
- Validity and reproducibility of folate and vitamin B12 intakes estimated from a self-administered diet history questionnaire in Japanese pregnant women. // Nutrition Journal;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p15
The article presents a research which examines the relative validity and reproducibility of the self-administered diet history questionnaire (DHQ) among Japanese pregnant women, using serum biomarkers of folate and vitamin B12. It is reported that, the researchers conducted the research on 167...
- Independent Nurse: Pregnant women are not eating enough. // GP: General Practitioner;3/17/2006, p67
The article presents information on a research on pregnant women. Pregnant women are more concerned about not gaining weight than ensuring they are eating the recommended calorie intake, a survey of women in Manchester, England has found. The study also showed pregnant women were taking in less...
- just the facts. // Fit Pregnancy;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p118
Presents several pregnancy-related facts. Guidelines of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for exercising while pregnant; Nutrients that should be included in a pregnant woman's diet; Information on diastasis.
- Whole 9 months. // Parenting;Dec/Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p87
Focuses on issues related to pregnant women. Weight control for pregnant women; Responses of pregnant women about annoyances that they experienced from strangers.
- 40 weeks: YOUR PREGNANCY STEP BY STEP. Lucia, Carole Anderson // Fit Pregnancy;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p52
The article presents suggestions on how pregnant women can prepare for their pregnancy. It suggests that pregnant women should take daily prenatal vitamin with at least 400 micrograms of folic acid. It suggests quitting unhealthy habits, such as smoking or drinking. It states that experts...