Intervention mapping for development of a participatory return-to-work intervention for temporary agency workers and unemployed workers sick-listed due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Empowering employees with chronic diseases: process evaluation of an intervention aimed at job retention. Varekamp, Inge; Krol, Boudien; van Dijk, Frank J. H. // International Archives of Occupational & Environmental Health;Jan2011, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p35
Purpose: Employees with a chronic disease may experience work-related problems that contribute to the risk of job loss. We developed a group-based intervention programme aimed at clarifying problems, making these a subject of discussion at work, and realizing solutions. This process evaluation...
- Interorganizational Collaboration in Occupational Rehabilitation: Perceptions of an Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation Team. Loisel, Patrick; Durand, Marie-JosÉ; Baril, Raymond; Gervais, Julie; Falardeau, Marlène // Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p581
Introduction: Various obstacles to and facilitators of collaboration between an interdisciplinary work rehabilitation team and the stakeholders (workers, insurers, physicians, and employers) exist, but are not well characterized. Methods: An observational study was conducted, using videotapes of...
- Reasons for unemployment in 2002. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jan2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in the share of the unemployed made up of job losers and those who had completed temporary jobs from 2001 to 2002 in the U.S. Increase in share of the total number of unemployed; Percentage of the unemployed who are job leavers.
- Work, Health and Wellbeing: The Challenges of Managing Health at Work. Wright, Peter H. // Occupational Medicine;Sep2012, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p471
No abstract available.
- Minister sees huge impact of Black's advice. // Occupational Health;Aug2008, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p8
The article focuses on issues discussed by Lord William David McKenzie at the meeting of the Society of Occupational Medicine (SOM) held in London, England in July 2008. He expressed that the pilots of the fit for work service recommended by Carol Black, director of health and work, will have a...
- Sick leave and work disability in patients with early arthritis. Zirkzee, Elisabeth; Sneep, Arina; Buck, Petronella; Allaart, Cornelia; Peeters, Andreas; Ronday, H.; Westedt, Marie; Cessie, Saskia; Vliet Vlieland, Theodora // Clinical Rheumatology;Jan2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p11
We studied the occurrence of sick leave and work disability, the presence of workplace adaptations and the usage of professional guidance related to working problems in patients with early arthritis. Inclusion criteria were arthritis symptoms of less than 2 years duration and a paid job at the...
- Occupational health referrals for advice on cancer-related sickness absence. Wynn, P.; Woodcock, K. // Occupational Medicine;May2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p202
Background Work-related difficulties experienced by employees diagnosed with cancer are widely reported. However, there is limited reliable quantitative evidence that employers treat employees with such diagnoses differently from staff with other chronic disorders.Aims To assess delays to...
- Bouncing Back. Elliott, Rebecca; Gee, Sue // Occupational Health;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p25
Introduces a rehabilitation model for managing the increase in sickness absence due to workplace stress. Statistics on work days lost due to sickness absence; Aims of the model; Steps involved in its implementation; Factors to consider in organizing a meeting between the occupational health...
- Resource Guide. // Occupational Health;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p29
Presents a list of online resources on occupational health and vocational rehabilitation.