Calif. County Tax Bills Go Unpaid As Utility Sinks Into Bankruptcy
- PG&E Tumble May Hurt MBIA, ACE, But Ratings Appear Secure. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31117, p6
Reports on the possible implications of the bankruptcy filing of Pacific Gas & Electric Co. Effect of the bankruptcy on the earnings of MBIA Insurance Corp. and ACE Guaranty Re; Share prices for municipal bond insurers.
- Calif. Utility's Bankruptcy Sparks Bank Credit Fears. Rieker, Matthias; Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;4/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 69, p20
Focuses on the views of several bank spokesmen on the Pacific Gas and Electric Co.'s bankruptcy filing on April 6, 2001. Efforts to downplay market concerns over banks' exposure to the bankruptcy; Total value of claims of the Bank of New York Corp. against the utility; Speculations of analysts...
- PG&E Tells Creditors It Needs 6 Months. // American Banker;2/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p2
Reveals that PG&E and its utility subsidiary, Pacific Gas & Electric Co., have told debt holders they may need more than six months to raise new money to repay commercial paper that they defaulted on in January 2001. Length of time it may take to work out a structure that will let the companies...
- PG&E Files Chapter 11. // Transmission & Distribution World;Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the decision of Pacific Gas and Electric Co. to file for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Objective of the company in relation with the bankruptcy filing.
- UTILITY BANKRUPTCY COMPLICATES CALIFORNIA'S ENERGY CRISIS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/16/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the electric utility, Pacific Gas and Electric Co.'s (PG&E) filing for bankruptcy protection. Implications of the bankruptcy filing on relationship between the state of California and PG&E; Overview on the financial problem of the PG&E; California Governor Gray Davis' criticism on...
- Calif. Utility Bankrupt Owing Banks $9B. Leibowitz, Alissa; Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;4/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 68, p27
Reports on the announcement of California electric utility Pacific Gas and Electric Co. that it has filed for bankruptcy. Total outstanding bank debt of the utility; Impact of the announcement on the stocks of regional and money-center banks known to have exposure to the utility.
- PG&E bankruptcy is warning to other investors. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);05/03/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, pA23
Reports the impact of bankruptcy of Pacific Gas & Electric on investors in California. Companies filing for bankruptcy; Sale of transmission lines by Southern California Edison to avoid bankruptcy filing; Performance of post-bankruptcy stocks.
- State Asks Feds to Nix Power Utility's Exemption From Federal Act. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p15
Reports that the California Attorney General's Office has asked federal regulators to deny Pacific Gas & Electric Corp.'s exemption from regulation under the federal Public Utility Holding Company Act. PGE&E's renewal of its exemption as part of its request of the approval of its bankruptcy...
- Two visions for land stewardship. LITTLE, JANE BRAXTON // High Country News;9/5/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on the rightful ownership of Humbug Valley in California. It notes that the valley has been designated to another owner after Pacific Gas and Electric Co. has filed bankruptcy. It says that California Department of Fish and Game and Maidu Indians are fighting for the...