- Psychiatrists and the Public. Johnson, Gerald W. // New Republic;12/8/62, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p12
Opposes the move of psychiatrists for passing the responsibility of treating mentally ill patients to the community. Crime of violence committed by a perpetrator who had undergone treatment for mental disorder; Perception of the public on psychiatry and psychotherapy; Suggestion that the...
- Is psychotherapy being squeezed out? Sussman, Ed // Psychotherapy Letter;May96, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the speech of Robert Michels, a psychiatrist from the Cornell University during the 1996 annual meeting of the American Psychiatric Association about psychotherapy as always having a place in treatment. Trick in finding the right combination of treatment; Effectiveness of the...
- Psychotherapy Outcome Research in Child Psychiatric Disorders. Pearsall, Donald F. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Aug1997 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p595
Objective: To compile, review, and comment upon the application of psychotherapy to the treatment of psychiatric disorders first appearing in childhood and adolescence. Method: Representative research papers published over the past 4 decades on the subject of psychotherapy of children and...
- Efficacy of Pharmacotherapy and Psychotherapy for Adult Psychiatric Disorders. Huhn, Maximilian; Tardy, Magdolna; Spineli, Loukia Maria; Kissling, Werner; Förstl, Hans; Pitschel-Walz, Gabriele; Leucht, Claudia; Samara, Myrto; Dold, Markus; Davis, John M.; Leucht, Stefan // JAMA Psychiatry;Jun2014, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p706
IMPORTANCE There is debate about the effectiveness of psychiatric treatments and whether pharmacotherapy or psychotherapy should be primarily used. OBJECTIVES To perform a systematic overview on the efficacy of pharmacotherapies and psychotherapies for major psychiatric disorders and to compare...
- Mind over PMDD: A Glimpse into the Process of Pharmacotherapy-Psychotherapy Combination Treatment. Nevo, Gili W. Adler; Nefsky, Colman // Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;May2014, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p148
The practice of combining pharmacotherapy with psychotherapy is advocated for as treatment of choice for many psychiatric disorders. Despite an abundance of outcome studies addressing this subject, little has been written about the process of combined treatment, leaving clinicians with...
- Malala wins Nobel Prize, Crimea is putting pressure on Russian economy, government surveillance in South Korea, African Union forces, why Muslims don't need to apologize for extremists. // Christian Science Monitor;10/25/2014, pN.PAG
Dawn / Karachi, Pakistan
- Navy Makes Sewage Plant. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);10/16/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p18
The article reports on the establishment of a sewage treatment plant by the Pakistan Navy in Karachi, Pakistan to improve environment and prevent marine pollution.
- THIS ISSUE: Combining Pharmacotherapy & Psychotherapy. Wright, Jesse H.; Hollifield, Michael // Psychiatric Annals;May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p302
Introduces a series of articles concerning the combination of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy in the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- CME Pretest. // Psychiatric Annals;May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p313
Presents a quiz concerning the combination of medication and psychotherapy in the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- IntervenciÃ³n en Crisis en Pacientes con Trastornos de Personalidad LimÃtrofe. Guzmán, Claudio Martínez // Revista Interamericana de PsicologÃa;2005, p151
Based on work and investigation experience with patients in crisis within psychiatric and general hospital emergency services, there are proposed ideas regarding to the boarding of the border personality disorder in that context. Some ideas on the particularities of the so called parasuicide of...