Death in the work place
- A head for heights. Gosney, Max // Works Management;Feb2013, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on the correct implementation of the Working at Height Regulation (WAHR) in business enterprises of Great Britain. It states that employers should plan before executing any task which will be carried out at height and they should properly supervise the task so that it is...
- Still time to enter 2010 OSH awards. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Occupational Health and Safety Awards for 2010 in Great Britain. It reports that this award is open to all business enterprises in the country and the overseas. The juries also consider facts such as...
- what are your duty of care obligations to international business travellers? Claus, Lisbeth // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the duty of care obligations of an organisation to international business travellers and assignees. It says that duty of care compels employers to protect the health, safety, security and well-being of employees even when they travel abroad. Meanwhile, the New Zealand...
- Chapter 1: The duties of an employer. Collins, F. W. (Fred) // Employer's Liability & Industrial Diseases;7/1/1999, p6
Chapter 1 of the book "Employers' Liability & Industrial Diseases" is presented. It explores the duty of reasonable care of an employer towards his workers, which is broken down into several parts, such as devising, operating and maintaining a safe system of work. It discusses the case Wilson's...
- Auto-enrolment and group risk. // Corporate Adviser;Jan2012 Supplement, p16
The article reports that auto-enrolment has placed employers firmly in the forefront of financial provision in Great Britain. It reports that the recent decision to defer implementation until after May 2015 for companies with less than 50 employees will be welcomed by the businesses. It states...
- ITHR tops recruiters. // Recruiter;7/21/2010, p11
The article reports on the recognition of IT Human Resources (ITHR) as the top recruitment agency in the "Sunday Times" International Track 100 in Great Britain.
- Ageing workers have a key role to play in the future of business. Harrington, Siân // Grocer;7/13/2013, p57
The article discusses the role of ageing workers in the future of business in Great Britain.
- Manslaughter Act contains 'hidden risks'. // Utility Week;4/11/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p17
The article deals with the warning issued by insurance broker Marsh about the new legislation on corporate manslaughter in Great Britain. According to Marsh, this new legislation carries hidden risks for companies such as utilities with large field forces. The Corporate Manslaughter and...
- WORK PLACE RIGHTS. Burd, Michael; Davies, James // Management Today;Apr2015, p15
The article offers information on the new government-funded service in Great Britain called "Fit for Work" which offers free advice to employers and employees on work-related issues such as sickness for an occupational health (OH) assessment.