- cne QUIZ. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p26
A quiz concerning human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in older adults is presented.
- HIV/AIDS and adults over 50: a call to action. Larkin, Marilynn // Journal on Active Aging;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on HIV and AIDS among adults over 50 years old. According to the study Research on Older Adults with HIV by the AIDS Community Research Initiative of America, 27% of all people living with AIDS in the U.S. fall in the age of 50 years and above. Because of this, voluntary HIV...
- Knowledge and Perception of HIV Prevention Through Condom Use Among Midlife and Older Adults in Calabar, Nigeria. Philip-Ephraim, E. E.; Gyuse, A. N. I.; Udonwa, N. E.; Peters, E. J.; Anyanechi, C. C. // West Indian Medical Journal;2010 Special Issue, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p429
Objectives: Older people are at increasing risk of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. The use of condoms which can protect both partners from sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including HIV during vaginal and anal sex is mostly neglected by them. In fact, postmenopausal women...
- HIV, AIDS, and Older People. // Age Page: HIV, AIDS, & Older Adults;2009, p1
The article offers information on AIDS and HIV in older people. It defines HIV as a virus that damages immune system leading to a much more serious disease such as AIDS when infected. It cites headache, cough, and loss of appetite as among of the symptoms of having such disease and can be taken...
- HIV & AIDS: Older adults are at risk too. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Nov96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p1
Reports that AIDS also affects older people even though many of them think they are not at risk. Percentage of AIDS cases among 50 years and older people; Difficulty in recognizing symptoms of disease in the aged; Prevention and treatment.
- AIDS teaching should not be limited to the young. Kaye, Richard A.; Markus, Theodore // USA Today Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 126 Issue 2628, p50
Reports on the spread of AIDS in elderly populations as of September 1997. The scarcity of articles written on the subject; The resulting lack of awareness over the issue; Statistics relative to the extent of AIDS among the elderly in the United States; Efforts to inform the population of the...
- Older people account for majority of SF AIDS cases. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;2/3/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that majority of people with AIDS in San Francisco, California are aging 50 years old and older, accounting for 53% of cases in 2010.
- Unusual increase in reported HIV/ AIDS cases among older persons in western Hunan province, China. Xi Chen; Jun Zheng; Jian Mei He; BiYun Qin; Yifei Hu; Lu Wang; Ning Wang // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Oct2011, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p538
The article presents a study that deals with the reasons for the appearance of HIV/ADIs cases among older people in Hunan, China between 2005 and 2007, and the measure to prevent further spread.
- Improved screening programs may be necessary for elderly patients with HIV. Volansky, Rob // Infectious Disease News;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the findings of a study by Marco Ruiz of the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center about the need for improved screening programs for HIV-infected elderly patients, discussed at the International of Physicians in AIDS care event held in New Orleans, Louisiana...