WHAT'S IN AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE?
- Changes ahead will put science fiction to shame. Reynolds, Alan // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p19A
Discusses business trends in the United States in the 21st century. Extent of online business transactions; Projected fields of growth; Economic opportunities of businesses with a strong presence in the Internet. INSET: Industry leaders forecast future.
- Don't count on Web content as an e-business revenue stream. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;8/8/2002, p10
Reports the financial status of companies providing pure content over the Internet. Struggles to cope with advertising revenues; Success of electronic commerce; List of e-commerce servicing companies.
- World Cup media playground offers a glimpse of the future. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;6/15/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p29
The article discusses the impact of the growing popularity of online information services industry on the recent concept of the media industry. According to the author, the World Cup event has become a digital playground for the on broadcasters and publishers trying to build a competition in the...
- Turning dot-com bust to lemonade. Baldwin, Ian // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2001-7/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Reports the ventures of former employees of Bolt.com online service in New York. Role of Jason Ojalvo as a consultant for small firms on funding and strategy; Efforts of Kaleil Isaza Tuzman on the establishment of a specialist firm on reconstruction advisory for electronic businesses; Endeavors...
- The world's biggest Rolodex. Heintz, Nadine // Inc.;Jun2006, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that Jigsaw, an online marketplace that allows businesspeople to buy, sell, and swap contact information, is branching into Japan and China. The Web-based service was launched in 2004 by sales executive Jim Fowler. Jigsaw users pay $25 a month to access contact information...
- BI's new site finally can start clicking. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;03/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p33
Comments on the relaunching of the Business Insurance site in the World Wide Web. Impact of electronic commerce on the business insurance industry; Introduction of an online steel marketing venture by United States Steel; Formation on an Internet auction site by automobile manufacturers.
- The show must go on ... EG // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/26/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p62
Presents developments on entertainment dot-com companies in the United States as of June 26, 2000. Purchase and sale of virtual stocks in movies, celebrities, musical artists and other entertainment by Hollywood Stock Exchange; Partnership between MediaTrip, an online entertainment company and...
- Content Unchained. Pack, Thomas // EContent;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
Deals with the significance of demand-driven value chains to the Internet industry. Emergence of nontraditional business models through the complexity of the Web; Effects of syndication; Electronic commerce enhancements; Implications of partnerships for Web-based businesses.
- Management's Best of Business Travel Guide: WEBSITE SERVICES. Ombler, Kathy // New Zealand Management;Jul2005, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p54
Presents information on several Web sites about business travel. www.travelcomfortable.com; Jasons Business Travel Channel; Accommodation Web site; Online travel advisers; Internet travel booking agency.