VIRTUAL LESSONS LEARNED
- POWER FROM THE MASSES WITH grid computing. Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2003, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p50
Deals with the use of grid computing in the automotive industry. Information on grid computing; Discussion of how grid computing works.
- The Importance of PDM. Piszczalski, Martin // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Sep98, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the role played by product data management (PDM) software in the automobile industry. Utilization of PDM software by original equipment manufacturers to develop vehicles; Functions of PDM software; Increase in the sales of PDM software.
- 2014 To-Do List (round one). SLEPICKA, MARY // Dealernews;Dec2013, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p8
In this article, the author offers suggestions to automobile industry for 2014 which include producing consumer buying forecast study in association with Progressive International Motorcycle Shows, honoring to female riders and retailers, and providing digital guide to businesses and software.
- An update from industry: Virtual Tests of Cars for Real Results. Kading, Dick // Tech Directions;Sep2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the use of dynamics analysis software to replicate the laboratory vehicle testing systems in the automobile industry in the U.S. Production of optimized systems by the manufacturers; Possibility of the investigation of different design options; Advantage of using the software.
- Microsoft Pushes Windows CE For Telematics. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p47
Reports the disclosure on the use of Microsoft Windows CE software by BMW Ag and vehicle manufacturers in Redmond, Washington. Application of the software to the Series 7 iDrive system by BMW; Features of the software; Statement regarding the software by technical marketing manager Ed Lansinger.
- Briefs. // Traffic World;02/18/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 7, p49
Reports developments related to automobile industry and trade in the United States as of February 2002. Use of SupplyWorks Max software by Plastic-Line for multimodal supply-chain execution; Provision of inventory tracking; Release of the Exceed Adaptive Inventory Manager.
- Fast Software. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jul2000, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on several computer software designed for automobile manufacturing. SQCDataGet from PQ Systems; QuickCompare from Cimatron; Features of the software.
- Working the Web Without a Modem. Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;May2002, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on the Unplugged computer software from Web Elite. Capabilities of the software; Benefits offered by the software to the automobile industry; Examples of automobile companies that are using the software.
- Microsoft searches for executive to form automotive
strategy. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;9/8/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6056, p26
Microsoft Corp. is looking for an executive to shape its worldwide automotive strategy and head its expanding automotive team based in Southfield, Michigan. The software giant from Redmond, Washington, expects to replace automotive general manager Scott Carlton within a few weeks. The executive...