METROLOGY WORKS TO BECOME OPEN
- AN ARRAY OF MEASURING OPTIONS. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2004, Vol. 116 Issue 5, p56
Evaluates several measuring equipment and supplies in the automobile industry. Coordinate measuring machines from Carl Zeiss IMT Corp; Vision sensors from Cognex Corp.; SmartScope Quest 650 system from Optical Gaging Products.
- Metrology in focus. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2015, p40
The article offers information on measurement solutions developed by global metrology equipment and solutions company Perceptron, including the Univesal bridge coordinate measuring machine (CMM) product range, the ScanR green laser scanning sensor and the TouchDMIS full-feature CMM software.
- SOI to facilitate CMM operation. // Quality;Dec96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the standard operator interface, SOI 2.0, which defines the screen appearance, screen flow and some icons for automated coordinate-measuring machines (CMM). Declaration of SOI 2.0 as an American National Standards Institute standard in October 1996; North American DMIS Users Group's...
- Multi-probe CMM with roughness measurement capability. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p374
Features Prismo multi-probe system (MPS), a bridge-type coordinate measuring machine with three interchangeable Zeiss probes. Applications and benefits; Operating principle; Users' access to the entire range of Zeiss probing technology; First roughness measurement probe; Rotary dynamic sensor...
- Find What You Need to Know About CMMs. // Quality;Jul2000, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
Presents information on several Web sites and queries relating to coordinate measuring machines (CMM). Site designed to help a visitor with their CMM and quality needs; Online response on how to set up a calibration system at a yacht building facility.
- Calibration vs. Certification. Richard, Myles // Quality;Nov2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
Assesses calibrated coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and certified CMM. Difference between calibration and certification; Impact of understanding the difference between certification and recalibration on machine reliability; How machine performance can be monitored.
- Competition Rising in Portable CMMs. Adams, Larry // Quality;Jul2002, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the competition for portable coordinate measuring machines (CMM) in the U.S. market as of July 2002. Price range of portable CMM; Advantages and disadvantages of the machines; CMM products developed by several companies.
- Still going strong. // Metalworking Production;Nov2003, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p56
Looks at the go/no-go inspection concept of gauging which is recommended as an alternative to coordinate measuring machines (CMM). Disadvantages of using CMM; Description of the go/no-go concept; Features of devices like the Gaga-Check digital readout system.
- High-speed CMMs increase measuring efficiency by up to 50 percent. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p226
Features MicroXcel PFx coordinate measuring machine (CMM) by Browne & Sharpe Manufacturing Co. Features; Usability; Contact information.