BMW: Believing the Banner
- BMW stresses premium positioning. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News Europe;01/29/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p6
Reports that a reorganized BMW is poised to maintain profitability and growth. How BMW will expand its sales and market presence; Car to be launched by BMW to compete with the Volkswagen Golf.
- Italy X3s sell out. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;11/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p7
Reports that the BMW X3 automobile will go on sale in Italy during the third week of January 2004. Total number of units assigned to Italy for 2004; Number of customer orders received by the manufacturer since the launch of the vehicle in September 2003; Retail price.
- BMW assumes Korea distribution. Gadacz, Oles // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p10
Reports that BMW AG is the first automaker to set up a distribution arm in Seoul, South Korea. Details on BMW Korea; Comments from president Bernd Wiegand; Projections by Wiegand.
- BMW's pretax profit rises 1.7% over year ago. // Automotive News;3/17/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6029, p38
Reports on the increased profits of Germany-based automobile company, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG.
- BMW business bonanza. Walker, Alastair // Dealernews;Mar2000, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the total sales of vehicles posted by the BMW Group in 1999. Most popular automobile models sold; Record sales posted by the motorcycle division.
- BMW suppliers to test cars. // Ward's Auto World;Nov93, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the alternative offered by BMW to its suppliers. Reflections on the BMW Roadster; BMW's granting of access to prototype vehicles to its suppliers; ISO 900 standards requirement.
- Newsworthy. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Oct99, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p18
Presents news briefs on the automobile industry as of October of 1999. Redesigned minivans from DaimlerChrysler AG; Plan of BMW to bring its minivans to the United States market.
- news digest. // Automotive News Europe;10/21/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
Presents an update on the automobile industry as of October 21, 2002. Description of the Z2 roadster to be added by BMW; Reason for the delay of the planned launch of the Smart city car in the U.S. and Canada.
- BMW fights to restore luster after Rover split-up. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;04/10/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the efforts of BMW AG to rebuild faith in its reputation and to restore luster to its core automobile brand. Impact of the failure of Rover Group's experiment on BMW; Sales at the company; Accusations against BMW.