Do You Communicate Effectively?
- Giving bad news. Lindenfield, Gael // Management Today;Aug1999, p77
Presents tips on how to relay bad news. Stressfulness of the situation to both messenger and recipient of the message; Rehearsal of delivery of message before a mirror; Avoidance of prolonged prelude; Expectation of initial criticism.
- The Disintegration Of The Owner-Manager Relationship. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2001, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p146
Talks about the importance of separating business relationship with owner-manager relationship. Comparison between business ventures and love affairs; Reason for the disintegration of owner-manager relationships.
- The Fifth Column: On System Acceptance. Woolsey, Gene // Interfaces;May/Jun86, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p55
The article focuses on system acceptance. Common folklore among members of the author's profession holds that the only absolute requirement for system acceptance is "top management commitment." The author suggests that, in his experience, another requirement is equally absolute: user acceptance....
- Communicating personal power. Haddock, Patricia // Supervision;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
Provides tips on how to communicate personal power. Development of authority and assertiveness; Benefits of networking; Cultivation of a positive image; Communication skills.
- KEEPING IT SIMPLE. Murray, Robert E. // Today's Speech;Sep1965, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p20
The article provides techniques for the automation-age executives on how they can retain and improve their communication skills in dealing with the public. There are executives who have difficulties in using the right terms in giving ideas. This condition is not just because of unclear thinking...
- Can you teach your people to think smarter? Grillo, Carolyn // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the need for management to listen to the ideas of employees. Trap of learned context; Acceptance of feedback.
- Communication is key to helping employees understand benefit changes. Unke, Debra // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1993, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p2
Offers guidelines for a communication program to help employees understand the benefit changes that are part of the economy. Careful planning; Employee listening factor; Focus groups; Testing prototype materials; Identifying objectives and key messages upfront; Improving injury management and...
- Are we overstating things just a tad? Waddell, Janet R. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p11
Discusses communication in industrial relations. Exaggeration in communicating; Pointers in communicating; Ways to control image.
- Manners: Basic training. Montoya, Sarah // OfficePro;Jan1998, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p30
Features basic principles of appropriate communication courtesy. Avoidance of noisemaking beeper; Use of laptop rather than a typewriter; Proper salutation in a business letter.