Speaker, Panelists Discuss Amtrak and High-Speed Rail
- Railway to new opportunity. Shigweda // African Business;Feb2000, Issue 251, p37
Reports on the railroad expansion project of the Namibian government from the town of Tsumeb to the edge of the Namibian/Angolan border. Extension of existing Namibian railway infrastructure; Linkage with the Angolan railway system; Total length of proposed railway line extension; Benefits of...
- A game of Russian roulette. Vesely, Milan // African Business;May2001, Issue 265, p12
Describes the problems in the public transportation system of Africa. Threat of landmines and ambushes in Angola highways; Defective and unmaintained railway system in Kenya; Use of bicycles for police patrolling routines in Gambia.
- BACKPAGE. Knight, Stephen // Engineer (00137758);6/21/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7606, p31
Reports on the five main proposals regarding railway in London, England. Objective of the proposals.
- The clackety-clack of trains and calculators. Spotleson, Bruce // Las Vegas Business Press;05/19/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p4
No abstract available.
- market. // Railway Age;Mar2010, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p8
This section offers world news briefs on several transport contracts, including RailComm for the Yard Automation System, Cubix Transportation Systems Inc. for the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA), and GE Transportation for TriMet.
- Monterey County, California, considers rail. // Railway Age;Jan98, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p31
Informs the consideration of the development of a rail passenger service by the Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) in California. Financier for the development plan; Rail service options; Plan in developing a diesel railcar passenger service.
- Industry indicators, January 1998. // Railway Age;Jan98, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p1
Presents the statistics on the status of North America's railway industry in 1997. Carloads in major railroads in Canada and United States from November 8, 1997 to December 6, 1997; Railroad employment; Rail freight traffic trends in United States Class I railroads.
- ASK TRAINS. // Trains;Mar2001, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p76
Answers several questions about railroading. How crews deal with air brakes when switching small cuts of cars in a yard or on a siding; Purpose of the Lexan dome found on the cab roof of some Union Pacific locomotives; How power is transmitted to the drive wheels of large electric locomotives.
- Argentina's High Speed Rail Plans Slow Down. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Nov2008, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p4
This article explores the planned high-speed railway between Buenos Aires and Cï¿½rdoba, Argentina. According to Business Monitor International (BMI), the railway is one of the first of large-scale infrastructure projects being postponed in emerging markets. BMI attributes the postponement of...
- Riding the rails. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Sep91, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p11
Discusses the plan to revive a scenic rail line between Barlett and Bretton Woods in New Hampshire. Capital input required for interested investors; Capitalists and financiers who have signed up for the project; Expected start of operations; Details on the showpiece of the railroad.