As Air Travel Increases, Billion-Dollar Deals Loom on Horizon
- Dulles Expansion, MWAA Debt Restructuring Approved. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p3
Reports the formal ratification of Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's plan to issue bonds for the expansion of Dulles International Airport in Washington D.C. Approval of a proposal to restructure the agency's debt; Implications of the restructuring plan on the interest costs of the...
- MWAA chooses underwriters for $500 million of issuance. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p1
Reports that the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority has hired 11 firms to underwrite at least $500 million in new debt for the entity that runs Reagan National and Washington Dulles International airports. Structure of the bond deal.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: MWAA Weighs Toll Hike. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33151, p9
The article reports on the move of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) to sponsor three public hearings on the planned toll fee increase for the Dulles Toll Road in 2009 in Washington, D.C. It states that the bond worth $1.3 billion will be issued by the MWAA to fund the...
- D.C. freight connection. Henderson, Breck W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/9/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 19, p15
Reveals that Washington Dulles Air Cargo Limited Partnership, formed by subsidiaries of Jones Capital Corp. (Charlotte, N.C.) and affiliates of West Group Inc. (McLean, Va.), is constructing a $19 million freight facility for completion next summer at Dulles International Airport. The...
- Dulles growth. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/1/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p15
Says summer schedules from Washington Dulles International Airport show 25 new nonstop flights each week, a 34 percent increase in nonstop flights. Passenger capacity will more than double in June over June, 1991, when Aeroflot, Air France , British Airways and United Airlines increase the use...
- Washington's late bloomer. Searles, Robert A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;June97, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p106
Features Dulles International Airport in Washington D.C. History of aviation in Washington D.C.; Celebration of the 35th anniversary of Dulles International Airport; Who designed the airport; Design features of the airport.
- Washington's Dulles seeks cargo growth with opening of long-delayed terminal. // Traffic World;7/26/93, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the opening of a cargo center at Washington Dulles International Airport. Tenants; International service.
- Dulles Airport sets new drive to lure air cargo traffic. Page, Paul // Traffic World;4/22/96, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p42
Reports that cargo officials at Washington Dulles International Airport are on the second half of a project planned to attract freight which passes by the airport on the way to other gateways. Comments from Richard Norris, air cargo development manager at the Washington Metropolitan Airports...
- MWAA Picks Team for Up to $600M of Rail Bonds. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p5
The article reports on the announced plan by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) to sell a financing team for 250 million dollars to 600 million dollars of bonds to finance the Dulles International Metrorail extension. The price of the new-money revenue bonds will be expected...