Coalition Will Urge Congress to Back Arbitrage-Easing Bills
- Local governments ask for freeze on overturning IRS' private-use rules. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p6
Reports on the efforts of the Public Finance Network, a coalition group of local governments, to urge Representative Bill Archer to introduce a legislation to overturn the Internal Revenue Service's private-use bond rules governing public power. Features of the deregulation proposal by...
- Issuer Groups Ask Treasury to Ease Tax-Exempt Restrictions. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p1
Reports that the U.S.-based Public Finance Network organizations have asked the Treasury to grant state and local issuers greater flexibility by easing restrictions on tax-exempt bonds. Necessity to ease restrictions on tax-exempt bonds; Impact of eliminating tax of dividends on the economy;...
- Public Finance Network Protests Circular 230 Changes. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p4
Reports on the impact of the proposed changes of the U.S. Treasury Department to Circular 230 on the bond market according to the Public Finance Network. Concern of the network that the proposal would address a very small number of possible abuses that exists within the tax-exempt bond sector;...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.
- Top 25 bond counsel in New England. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p40A
Lists the top 25 bond counsel in New England, ranked by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 through September 30, 1997. Public finance head; Number of public finance attorneys; Contact information; Includes Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo P.C.; Palmer and Dodge;...