Negotiations Underway for Possible UPMC-Children's Hospital Merger
- Children's hospital rejects insurer bailout. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;04/09/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the decision of the management of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh to reject a financial assistance offer from Highmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance company. Decision of Children's Hospital to merge with health care provider UPMC Health System company; Implications of the...
- Changing lives for the better with integrated technologies. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2014, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on the Technology Contracting Â® model of diversified technology and industrial leader Johnson Controls Inc. which has been embraced by the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of Univeristy of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). It mentions the P2000 security management system...
- HOSPITAL DEALS. // Modern Healthcare;10/15/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p15
Presents information on several hospital deals in the United States in 2001. Completion of the merger between Franklin Regional Hospital and Lakes Region General Hospital in New Hampshire; Negotiation on a merger between Pocatello Regional Hospital and Bannock Regional Medical Centers;...
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Partners with Rothman Healthcare. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;2/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Pittsburgh, Pensylvania, has partnered with Rothman Healthcare Corp. The partnership has been made for the development of a pediatric version of the Rothman Index at its facility....
- Pittsburg system to add 11th hospital. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;02/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p24
Highlights the joint venture agreement between Lee Hospital in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and University of Pittsburg Medical Center Health System to add the 11th hospital to Pittsburg system. Details regarding the status of the joint venture's regulatory approval; Conditions under the joint venture.
- Pa. dispute heats up. Romand, Michael // Modern Healthcare;1/7/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports the plan of UPMC Health System to merge or form partnership with other hospitals in Pennsylvania. Improvement of health plans; View of employees on the merger plan; Total assets of the hospital.
- Merged Pa. hospital wants control back. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;03/27/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p28
Reports that the UPMC Passavant Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania wanted to undo its 1997 merger with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health System. Terms of the merger that is in question; Action taken by the Passavant Hospital Foundation board; Financial performance of the...
- Children with Ulcers. // Time;11/10/1952, Vol. 60 Issue 20, p59
The article reports on the findings by physician Bertram R. Girdany on peptic ulcers in children at Pittsburgh's Children's Hospital in Pennsylvania, including common symptoms and similarities of causes in ulcers between children and adults.
- Foreign body aspiration: What objects are riskiest? Begany, Timothy // RN;Mar96, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on a study by researchers at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, on the types of objects children are likely to choke on. How the study was conducted; Results.