Who Are These Guys?
- BONDPAC Cash Targets Tax, Securities Lawmakers. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p1
Highlights the results of an analysis of contributions made by the Bond Market Association's political action committee over the first 18 months of the 1999-2000 election cycle. Contributions made to the House Ways and Means and the Senate Finance Committees; Other political contributions.
- Bond Market Association PAC returns ways and means to the top of its list. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p1
Focuses on the shift in the pattern of contributions made by The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) political action committee. Channeling of the largest portion of funds to members of the United States House Ways and Means Committee; Analysis of PAC contributions from the beginning of the 105th...
- TBMA Keeps Its Eye on Bond Bills. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p1
Reports on The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) launch of a drive to persuade the United States Congress and the Bush administration to ease a number of curbs on municipal bonds. Association's call for Congress to enact a new state revolving loan fund program for school construction; Other...
- TBMA's political clout. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p1
Reports on the political contributions made by The Bond Market Association (TBMA) for the year 1999. Breakdown of its contributions to the United States Congress for the first half of 1999; Breakdown of the contributions of TBMA Public Securities Association to the US Senate and Congress from...
- TBMA's request for disclosure study draws mixed reaction. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30645, p6
Focuses on the reaction of market participants to The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) call for a congressionally mandated Securities and Exchange Commission study of the existing municipal disclosure regime. Recommendations on possible reforms; Rationale behind the study; Benefits expected by...
- Making the grade. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/24/97, Issue 322229, p22
Editorial. Commends the Fresno political action committee in California for creating a report card which gauges the performance of local elected officials. Identification of issues important to voters; Development of a campaign platform.
- Money & politics. Wise, Christy // Mortgage Banking;Sep93, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on political action committees (PACs) as a political influence. Restriction of donation to PACs to a total of $5,000 each for primary and general campaigns; Voluntary limits on campaign spending and limitation of public financing for candidates; Value of PACs in keeping people in office...
- The glory days for PACs. Barnes, Don // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/25/93, Vol. 97 Issue 43, p15
Opinion. Comments on the role of political action committees (PAC) in the political process. PACs as representatives of different sides of national issues; Democratic National Committee chairman David Wilhelm's warning on five lobbying organizations if they challenge President Bill Clinton's...
- Grassroots lobbying organizing, & coalitions. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Mar97-Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Presents a directory which consists of various grassroots lobbying organizations & coalitions within the United States.