Adjusting Withdrawal Rates for Taxes and Expenses
- Invest with tax strategies in mind, start now. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;03/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p24
Offers tips for investing in the United States, which take taxation issues into consideration. Information on how investments are taxed; Capital gains; Mutual funds; Investment strategies recommended.
- Last-Minute Strategies. Klott, Gary // On Wall Street;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p88
Discusses tax-saving ideas in investing. Charitable contributions; College savings plan; Club charges; Alternative minimum tax.
- Annuitization Helps Retired Clients At Tax Time. Shapiro, David // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/10/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p7
Explains that annuities can help individuals to have an alternative for paying taxes. Advantages of tax-deferred or tax-free growth; Impact of annuitization on systematic withdrawals; Discussion on the benefits annuitization gives to retired people.
- Year-end planning can help ease tax bite. Farkas, Mitchell // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/26/98, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p9
Explains how year-end financial planning and investment can help minimize one's tax bill for the next year. Tax estimation; Deferral of income; Acceleration of deductions; Holding period of stocks.
- Preserve Your Profits. Sprouse, Mary L. // Money;Dec1999, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p247
Outlines five typical investing scenarios and offers the appropriate tax-saving strategy to take before the end of the year. What to do if you sold stock in 1999 and your gains exceed your losses; What to do if you sold stock in 1999, and your losses exceed your gains; Advice for those who have...
- Waging war. Dixon, Daryl // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/25/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6175, p78
Presents information on taking advantage of the Australian government's decision to introduce a salary sacrifice superannuation option in 1999. Option as part of the May 1999 budget; How the salary sacrifice reduced personal income taxes; How to participate; Tax savings possibly better than...
- Money MANAGEMENT. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;11/20/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 22, p126
Responds to queries on personal financial management in the United States. Ways for speeding up purchases of mutual funds; Selection of tax efficient mutual funds.
- How can I make money if the euro rises against the U.S. dollar? Feldman, Judy // Money;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p23
Presents answers to readers' financial questions. Investments designed to take advantage of the euro's possible rise against the United States dollar; Statement that student-loan forgiveness is considered taxable income; Rules regarding 401(k) conversions and rollovers; Others.
- Tax Tricks for Your Retirement Home. Geer, Carolyn T. // Fortune;4/26/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p476
Examines why a mortgage on homes for retirees can be more beneficial than purchasing the home with cash. Taxation issues to consider; The ability to deduct home mortgage interest from taxes; Why people in the higher tax rates benefit the most from mortgages; Examples of the investments retirees...