Exchange-Traded Funds Not for Everyone
- Index funds earn more than passive interest. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;4/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p43
Reports that the broad-based equity index funds tend to outperform most index funds in the U.S. as of April 15, 2002. Performance of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index; Percentage of U.S. diversified equity funds outperformed by the Welshire 500 Index; Trend in expanded investment options.
- A Place for Index Funds. Welsh, James // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p65
Discusses the value of investing in index funds. Nature of index funds; How the investment works; Attributes of the index fund.
- Exchange-Traded Funds Are Ready for Their Day in the Sun. // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p42
Discusses the popularity of exchange-traded index funds (ETF). Funds' combination of the diversification advantages of traditional funds, liquidity, tax efficiency and low fee structures; Firms offering ETF; Achievement of additional savings when buy and sell orders go directly to floor...
- Local gaming index soars in August. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;9/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p13
Focuses on the increase of the local gaming index in Nevada. Analysis on the income of Station Casinos Inc.; Impact of the La Cumbre travel trade show in the Latin American tourism market; Assessment on the revenue growth of Harrah's Entertainment Corp.
- Time to jump off the index fund bandwagon? Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;01/24/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p44
Examines the benefits of investing in index mutual funds. Low expenses for index funds; Tax efficiency of index funds; Good market performance of the funds; Tips on how to invest in index funds.
- Slogans can cost you money. de Lange, Lucas // Finance Week;03/24/2000, p37
Discusses investment pitfalls in South Africa and how they can be avoided. Advantage of index funds; Placement of money on general funds; Need for constant monitoring of investments.
- Reaching For The Sky. Bresiger, Gregory // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p89
No abstract available.
- Let us now praise all who try to beat the market. Currier, Chet // Inside Tucson Business;03/05/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the concept of index-fund investing. Premise behind index funds; Advantage of investing in index funds; Strategies used when investing in index funds.
- Index Wars: No Phantom Menace in 1999. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;01/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the performance of the index portfolios industry in 1999.
- Illinois State Invests In EAFE Value Fund. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;12/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p4
Focuses on the plan of Illinois State Universities Retirement System to invest in the international equity Europe/Australia/Far East value index fund.