The Metamorphosis of Retirement
- Are you ready for 100? Gertner, Jon // Money;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the possible impact on retirement of life expectancies which can reach to the 100's. Discussion the longevity researcher Thomas Perls who has found that most people who live to be 100 are healthy and active well into their nineties; Importance of accounting for a possible long life in...
- Soaring life expectancies amplify pension problems for employers and employees alike. // Corporate Adviser;May2011, p6
The article focuses on the impact of rising longevity in Great Britain on pension system. Increasing life expectancies serves as the biggest contributor to pension costs for employers and makes traditional defined benefit schemes unaffordable. To address the situation, employers are encouraged...
- Social Security: When to collect. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses several factors that should be taken into account by U.S. citizens when planning to retire. It suggests that in order to get the most in total Social Security benefits, they need to estimate their longevity as accurately as possible. In estimating their life expectancy,...
- More opportunities to protect clients' estates. Bitt, Louise // Money Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p29
The article presents views and insights of the author on a new solution to a client's longevity risk. The author offers information about the impact of longetivity on client's retirement savings. Information about the longevity income streams (LIS) is discussed. According to the author, LIS pays...
- Will You Be Able to Afford Retirement? Chase, Richard M. // BusinessWest;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p59
Discusses the factors to consider when planning for retirement in the United States. Average individual life expectancy; Ideal amount to be saved annually for retirement; Standard of living affected by inflation; Discipline required in retirement planning.
- Time to play catch-up with retirement savings. Meiners, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p47
Focuses on the changes in retirement planning in the United States. Focus on retirement provisions for women; Provision of faster vesting for employer matching contributions; Need to adjust life expectancies used in internal revenue services.
- Factoring Life Expectancy into Retirement Planning. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2013, p57
No abstract available.
- Longevity risk. Rigtrup, Jim // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/14/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p10
The author offers financial advice to overcome the risk of longevity. He cites several statistics to show the increasing life expectancy and an overview of what an individual can expect if he gets to lived to the average boomer expectancy in Utah which is 91.62 years. He suggests hiring a...
- Can you afford to live to 100? // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jan2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses financial planning strategies based on an individual's forecasted life expectancy, with a focus on lifestyle and heredity. Topics include research regarding the effect of inherited traits on longevity, retirement planning, life expectancy calculators, and financial...