Selecting a Bond Mutual Fund: Just Keep It Simple
- Net Outflows Continue, With More Than $1 Billion in October. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;12/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31773, p44
Reports on the performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. as of December 3, 2003. Net outflow in October 2003; Decline of the funds.
- Strapped Virginia State Fund to Issue POBs. Neel, Dan // Investment Management Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the plan of the West Virginia Investment Management Board to issue pension obligation bonds in a move to alter its underfunded status.
- What'S good for the economy is bad for bonds. // Money;Jul1994, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p46
Presents a chart and news that says with the bond market registering its usual spoilsport response to any signs of economic merriment, the return on the bonds is dropping.
- Expected selloff doesn't materialize. // High Yield Report;09/22/97, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the selloff of bonds in mutual fund accounts for 1997. How high yield pundits revealed in November 1997; Impact of the selloff on investors; Comment from Paul Greenberg, head of research at Bear Stearns.
- Heaviest investors in insured bonds are big mutual fund companies. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p8
Reports on the investments of mutual fund companies in insured bonds in the United States. Protection against default; Tracking of the demand for insured bonds.
- Market indicators. // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1A
Presents statistics regarding the value of various types of bonds and mutual funds as of January 2000.
- Escrowed bonds = Toxic waste, money managers warn. Picard, Diane // Financial Planning;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p19
Explains why financial advisers should be wary of mutual funds carrying escrowed bonds. Views of Jack Heilbron, president of Centurion Counsel Inc., on escrowed or over-funded coupon bonds; Implication of creating an escrowed bond; Reason for the popularity of escrowed bonds.
- A problem shared is not a problem solved. Allison, John // International Money Marketing;Sep2001, p10
Discusses criticisms on the transparency of with-profits bonds. Risks and rewards of mutual funds; Opinion on the reason behind the growth decline of with-profits bonds; Comparison between a with-profits bond and a derivative of a with-profits bond.
- Investors Dribble in $133 Million, the Smallest Amount in Three Months. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;10/12/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33396, p6
The article reports on the move of the municipal bond mutual fund industry in the U.S. to reveal 133 million U.S. dollars worth of municipal funds.