Financial Planning Considerations for Stock-Based Compensation in the Private Sector
- Millionaire Clients With Stock Options Need Conversion Strategies. Budihas, John S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/12/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the need for an employee stock option conversion strategy to avoid estate and financial planning problems. Several stock option planning strategies that can be used; Example of how one of these strategies may help clients accomplish their financial goals; Utilization of a charitable...
- Stock Option Holders. Bowen, John J. // Financial Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p13
Discusses how financial planners can build their business quickly by focusing on employees' stock options. Information on stock options offered to employees; Importance for financial planners to help employees understand the value of stock options; Two profile types where successful advisers...
- ESOPs Rising as the Market and 401(k)s Decline. Sweeney, Paul // American Banker;5/20/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 96, p8A
Compares stocks of employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) and the 401(K) plans in the face of declining stock market conditions in the U.S. as of May 20, 2003. Difference between the value of 401(k) retirement plans and ESOP; Benefits of ESOP to banks; Advantages of ESOP to employees.
- Stocking up. Evanson, David R. // Entrepreneur;Apr97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p58
Describes how the owners of Print Management Inc. succeeded in financing their business with their 401(k) assets. Creation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Selection of a legal firm to help create the ESOP; Brokerage firm selected to act as the custodian for the ESOP stock; Pros and...
- Safeguarding stock options. // Practical Accountant;Dec99, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Points out the need for accountants in the United States to consider the possibility of stock options that survive the death of an employee. Prohibition on transfer of incentive stock options during the employee's lifetime; Granting of employee's estate or trustee of the employee's trust the...
- Stock ownership plans create tax-favored business liquidity. Qua, John // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/23/98, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pB-8
Describes the qualified retirement plan Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in the United States. Tax benefits offered by ESOP; Scope of the ESOP; Reasons for instituting an ESOP.
- Your Finances. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p49
Answers finance-related queries. Problem of investing in a single industry; Brokerage firms that offer services to executives who have employee stock options from their company.
- Stock Appreciation Rights Plans. // SCOR Report;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p2
Deals with the importance of a stock appreciation rights plan to a company.
- Accounting and Auditing. Bushong, J. Gregory; Cocco, Anthony F.; McCaslin, Thomas E.; Vent, Glenn // Ohio CPA Journal;Oct-Dec2001, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on issuance of Accounting for Certain Transactions Involving Stock Compensation. Ramifications of the provision for stock-option plan structures; Types of employee stock options; Political dispute between the FASB and the business community.