Don't Count on the Inheritance, Junior
- Study Suggest Boomers' Inheritances May Not Live Up To Expectations. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/26/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p29
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by the American Association of Retired Persons that measures the inheritance received by the baby boom generation in the U.S. as of 2004. It was found out that predictions of inheritance obtained by the generation have been overstated....
- Cross-Generation Wealth Transfers. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2000, p14
Presents an update on cross-generation wealth transfers in the United States as of October 2000. Calculations on inheritance receipts for baby boomers based on the 1962 and 1998 Survey of Consumer Finances; Increase in the ratio of bequests to compensation; Forecasts on bequest flows after 2020.
- Wealth Insurance. Smith, Kelly // Money;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p150
Focuses on long-term-care insurance policies. Baby boomer children who are purchasing the policies for their parents to protect their inheritance; How the policies work; The annual costs; Questions to ask before purchasing a policy. INSET: Compare Your Options Before You Buy..
- Boomers: You Need an Estate Plan. Geer, Carolyn T. // Fortune;5/10/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p176
Offers advice on estate planning to members of the baby boom generation. Risks of failure to plan; Need for flexibility and provisions for ensuring children's inheritance; Trusts and gifts.
- SHIFTING WEALTH. Courter, Eileen // Credit Union Management;Jul2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p56
Discusses how credit unions dealt with the wealth shift from the World War II generation to the baby boomers. Significance of giving financial planning advice to the baby boomers; Details on the importance of wealth management strategy; How to keep member loyalty.
- THE WEALTH TRANSFER. Nayyar, Seema // American Demographics;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the transfer of wealth to the Baby Boom generation in the U.S. Sum of all U.S. inheritances to be distributed over the next half-century from 2003, according to mathematical calculations by sociologist Paul Schervish and his colleagues at Boston College; Factors fueling skepticism...
- Boomers await inheritance. Rodgers, Steve // Credit Union Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the growing market of baby boomers in the United States. Estimate amount of wealth to be transferred to the baby boomer generation; Significance of the market growth to financial service providers.
- Family Feuds. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p166
No abstract available.
- Don't rely on your inheritance -- build a nest egg, instead. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;2/26/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p19
The article discusses the need to save for the future by regular saving and investing. It is expected that many baby boomers will have large inheritances. However, due to increased life expectancy and expensive health or long-term care costs, the amount available for heirs are reduced. The...