- Supporting Safer Sex. Riley, Karl // BOYZ;10/28/2010, Issue 1000, p32
The article reports that the "Boyz" journal, LGBT professionals, and celebrities are supporting HIV/AIDS prevention and safer sex campaigns in Great Britain.
- But Will They Use Them? Helquist, Michael // Advocate;3/28/89, Issue 521, p24
Reports on a survey on AIDS prevention among sexually active individuals in San Francisco, California. Risk for AIDS transmission among non-gays; Knowledge about AIDS prevention.
- Unsafe sex is still a bad bet. // Advocate;9/1/98, Issue 767, p20
Cites findings of several AIDS studies presented at the 12 World AIDS Conference concerning AID protection and risky sexual behavior. Previous assumptions about risky behavior that were debunked by several studies; Existence of evidence that drug-resistant strains of HIV can be transmitted...
- OREGON. // Advocate;10/9/90, Issue 561, p26
Reports that health officials in Oregon will stop their free condom distribution program as part of the state's AIDS prevention campaign.
- A dangerous age. Spinney, Laura // New Scientist;09/25/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2205, p14
Focuses on the safe-sex education program conducted by the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS in Africa. Need to focus on teenage girls and older men; Discrepancy in infection rates in teenage girls and men.
- NEWSFRONT: FLORIDA. // Advocate;1/5/88, Issue 489, p29
Reports on a safer-sex information campaign launched by the Key West People with AIDS Coalition in Florida.
- SOCK IT TO ME. // Advocate;4/9/91, Issue 574, p81
Reports on the Safe Sox AIDS and safe-sex campaign of Decker Group and the Midwest AIDS Prevention Project. Features of the socks with side pockets that carry condoms; Contact information.
- HIGHWAY SAFETY TIPS. // Advocate;9/10/91, Issue 585, p11
Reports on the AIDS education campaign by AIDS services group Duang Prateep Foundation (DPF) in Bangkok, Thailand. Role of motorcycle boys, young men who operate inexpensive taxi services in educating prostitutes and their clients about safe sex; Comments of DPF spokesman Tatsuya Hata regarding...
- Sex education--What We're Doing Wrong. Gordon, Sol // Humanist;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p43
States that the crucial point that sex educators must get across is that they firmly believe in values and morals. The difference between being moral and being moralistic; The reactionary elements in state and national governments; Teaching about AIDs and safe sex; The need to capitalize on the...