Science and Ethics: What Should Count as Evidence Against the Use of Goal Setting?
- Pharmacovigilance Data Mining With Methods Based on False Discovery Rates: A Comparative Simulation Study. Ahmed, I.; Thiessard, F.; Miremont-Salamé, G.; Bégaud, B.; Tubert-Bitter, P. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Oct2010, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p492
The early detection of adverse reactions caused by drugs that are already on the market is the prime concern of pharmacovigilance efforts; the methods in use for postmarketing surveillance are aimed at detecting signals pointing to potential safety concerns, on the basis of reports from...
- Adverse reactions and Australian Prescriber : back to the future. Dowden, John S. // Australian Prescriber;Feb2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p9
The article provides information on the details in the incorporation of the "Australian Adverse Drug Reactions Bulletin" in the journal "Australian Prescriber." It mentions that the incorporation began in 1975 but was separated in 1982 when the publication of the journal was suspended. It adds...
- Drug searches. WILLIAMS, SARAH C. P. // Stanford Medicine;Summer2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses a study published in the peer reviewed scientific journal the "Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association," related to online searches for side effects of drugs.
- Pharmacovigilance Toolkit. // WHO Drug Information;Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p42
No abstract available.
- Ranitidine. // Reactions Weekly;3/19/2005, Issue 1043, p17
Provides information on an information resource of a case report about the occurrence of drug sensitivity upon intake of ranitidine.
- Venlafaxine. // Reactions Weekly;3/19/2005, Issue 1043, p18
Provides information on an information resource of a case report about the development of serotonin syndrome due to medication of venlafaxine.
- Acenocoumarol. // Reactions Weekly;3/19/2005, Issue 1043, p6
Provides information on an information resource of a case report about development of cholecystitis in a patient under anticoagulant treatment of acenocoumarol.
- The reliability of manual reporting of clinical events in an anesthesia information management system (AIMS). Simpao, Allan; Pruitt, Eric; Cook-Sather, Scott; Gurnaney, Harshad; Rehman, Mohamed // Journal of Clinical Monitoring & Computing;Dec2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p437
Manual incident reports significantly under-report adverse clinical events when compared with automated recordings of intraoperative data. Our goal was to determine the reliability of AIMS and CQI reports of adverse clinical events that had been witnessed and recorded by research assistants. The...
- Phenprocoumon. // Reactions Weekly;3/5/2005, Issue 1041, p18
Presents the publication details of the three case reports of liver failure due to phenprocoumon in Germany.