Green Management Matters Regardless
- In Dirty Chains? Purchasing and Greener Manufacturing. Preuss, Lutz // Journal of Business Ethics;Dec2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3/4, p345
Against the backdrop of an increasing importance of the purchasing function in manufacturing companies, this paper introduces the notion of a "green multiplier effect" and suggests that purchasing could become an important agent for change regarding environmental initiatives in the supply chain....
- THE ENVIRONMENT AND MANAGEMENT'S RESPONSIBILITIES. Ferguson, George R. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Fall72, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p66
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of management. Areas of management's responsibilities; Environmental roles of industrial management; Economic significance of management and pollution control.
- I hear the term "greenwashing" a lot these days but am still not sure exactly what it means. Can you enlighten? // Earth Talk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment;4/21/2013, p1
The article provides an answer to a question about the meaning of greenwashing or the corporate social responsibility of a company or institution.
- EDITORIAL. Dias, Alexandre Teixeira; Filho, Cid Gonçalves // Revista Pretexto;jul-set2014, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports including the survey on the perception of teachers in higher education regarding the influence of strategic people management in organizational commitment, corporate social responsibility (CSR), and green business.
- proving greeness. KC // Ebony;May2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p75
The article looks at the environmental responsibilities of corporations seeking to improve their public image. Retail chain Wal-Mart is discussed for questioning its suppliers on their environmental policies and annual greenhouse gas emissions.
- Business Students and Society. // BizEd;May/Jun2002, p6
Examines the attitudes of business students on the relationship of business to society in the U.S. Consideration of the graduates to social and environmental concerns; Shift of priorities from customer needs and product quality to shareholder value; Demand of the students from business schools...
- Analyzing CSR Conceptions of Business Students: Some Preliminary Evidences in Spain. Vázquez, José Luis; Lanero, Ana; García, María Purificación // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p246
This paper analyzes the dimensions and motives attributed by a sample of Spanish business undergraduates to firms' socially responsible practices. Findings support the coexistence of alternative components in the students' conceptualization of CSR, while the predominant vision is one in which...
- Can environmental factors improve stock selection? Gluck, Kimberly; Becker, Ying // Journal of Asset Management;Dec2004, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p220
Comments on the impact of natural resources management on investment performance. Information on research conducted on the financial performance of socially responsible mutual funds; Benefits of considering environmental criteria in the investment process; Value of environmental information in...
- RADICAL NEOLIBERALISM IN BRITISH COLUMBIA: REMAKING RURAL GEOGRAPHIES. Nyoung, Natha // Canadian Journal of Sociology;Spring2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
This paper argues that rural regions of British Columbia, Canada, are currently the subject of a radical political-economic experiment dismantling traditional Fordist and Keynesian approaches to economic development and replacing them with neoliberal strategies. This experiment targets both...