A suitable case for treatment
- Fabric protectors offer retailers major profit center. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;3/8/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the selling of aftermarket fabric protectors, a chemical stain retardants, in the U.S. Benefits of applying fabric protectors; Average close rate on aftermarket fabric protectant; List of companies supplying fabric protectants.
- Stain removal. // Consumer Reports;1996 Supplement How to Clean, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p177
Presents a variety of products to use in order to remove stains from a number of household items. Cleaning procedures; Stain removal items worth having on hand; Types of stains listed in chart form alphabetically with instructions for removing.
- Doing away with underarm stains. // Redbook;Jul96, Vol. 187 Issue 3, p19
Offers solutions on how to remove underarm stains from clothes. Use of paper towel soaked in ammonia; Combined use of paste made from liquid detergent and powdered color-safe bleach; Rinsing tips.
- Answers. // Essence (Essence);Dec93, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p18
Presents answers to a question regarding the removal of tea stains. Use of a tooth whitening product; Consultation with a cosmetic dentist; At-home concoction.
- Dealing with pesticide-tainted clothing. // American Nurseryman;3/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p36
Offers laundry tips from the Georgia Green Industry Association concerning the removal of pesticide residuals in clothing. Storage; Prerinse; Application of hot water; Line dry clothing; Laundry equipment.
- See spot run. Piccalo, Gina // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p53
Focuses on stain removal. Comments from Lara Schneider, spokeswoman for the International Fabricare Institute; Stain removal tips suggested.
- Getting out of a sticky situation. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p120
Suggests the use of baby oil to remove tar that is stuck to skin. Comparable performance of baby oil in tar removal with that of alcohol, peroxide and mayonnaise.
- Putting stain removers on the spot. // Good Housekeeping;Oct97, Vol. 225 Issue 4, p152
Provides information on the pre-wash products that can remove common stains. Recommendation on the proper use of liquids, sticks, aerosols and gels. INSETS: How to fix splotches on the run.;Does pretreating with detergent work?..
- Enesco in accents for the long haul. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports the launching of Milieu home accent division by Enesco Home Gallery in North Carolina. Target of the company on existing gift retailers; Expansion of license programs; Introduction of product lines at the International Home Furnishings Market.