- Selfridges: the 'coolest' department store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007 Supplement, p16
The article profiles houseware retailer Selfridges Retail Ltd. in Great Britain. Details on the company's strengths and weaknesses in the retail market are provided. The company's plans for growth and the threats that they feared to face are also given. It also provides their contact information...
- Sliderobes fits in fourth outlet. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports that fitted wardrobe firm Sliderobes has opened its fourth retail store franchise in Galway, Ireland.
- Allders. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p11
Features Allders At Home's house furnishing retail store in Great Britain.
- Is There a Merchandiser in the House? Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p22
The author criticizes several independent home furnishing retailers in the U.S. after visiting their stores located in New Jersey. She visited 17 stores, which includes Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenny and Christmas Tree Shops. The first thing that she observed was the difficulty strolling around the...
- HOME SPENDING ACCELERATES More channels than ever vie for a piece. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p36
Reports on the growth of the home retailing industry in the United States in 2002. Ability of major retailers in the home goods category to accommodate changing trends in demand toward lower price point items; Mass-market retailers' addition of furniture items and expansion into more segments;...
- Upstart chains make themselves home in a rapidly expanding category. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p62
Lists the top home furnishings store chains in the United States based on sales in 1995. Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens 'n Things and IKEA U.S. as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Selfridges concentrates investment on flagship. // In-Store;Nov2003, p5
Reports that British-based store chain Selfridges has announced plans to reinvest in its flagship store on Oxford Street in London, England. Scrapping of plans to open a new store in Bristol, England; Possibility that company will open stores in Newcastle, Leeds and other large towns; Opening...
- Selfridges tops up concessions at 'clean and fresh' food hall. // Grocer;10/25/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8178, p8
The article reports that retailer Selfridges revamped its food hall with the introduction of improved concessions and updated interior to make it easier for shoppers to navigate, as part of the company's commitment to deliver an engaging and exciting experience.
- STORE OPENINGS. // Home Accents Today;May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p61
This section offers news briefs on store openings in the U.S. home furnishings market. Home decor and gift shop Pineapples & Polkadots opened a store in the Westport Village shopping complex in Louisville, Kentucky. Asian Images reopened its showroom at a new location in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ikea...