House of Fraser reaps makeover benefits
- House of Fraser launches new look. // Housewares;Dec2000, Issue 155, p34
Reports on the opening of the renovated seven-story store of house furnishings retailer House of Fraser PLC in London, England.
- Kinnersley Kent look for Birmingham's Rackhams. Woodward, Guy // Design Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p4
Reports on interiors specialist Kinnersley Kent Design's work for Great Britain-based department store House of Fraser. Revamp of the Rackhams store in Birmingham; Changes to the store.
- Bagging a classic. Richardson, Anna // Design Week;12/18/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p19
The article offers information on various designs of Christmas bags offered by companies in 2008. Emma Jones, senior creative at the company Construct states that during Christmas retail stores focus on the design of their carrier bags to attract customers. Designers at Marks & Spencer Group PLC...
- Kinnersley Kent dishes up House of Fraser food offer. // Design Week;1/30/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p5
Discusses the key role of Kinnersley Kent in implementing the plans unveiled by the House of Fraser for an own-brand food range and food hall. Aim to rival Selfridges' food offer; Phase two of the House of Fraser's redevelopment of its Rackhams store in Birmingham, England.
- House Of Fraser To Resurrect Biba. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/20/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the relaunch of retailer House of Fraser (Stores) Ltd. on the's Biba product line in London, England. House of Fraser aims to transform Biba into a cross-generational and affordable fashion brand with at least 20 million pounds in annual revenues. It points out that the...
- House of Fraser operating net rockets 97.2% for the first half. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/3/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 65, p19
Reports on the financial performance of the British department store group House of Fraser PLC for the first half of 1994. Rise in operating profits; Sales figures; Increased loss as a result of exceptional costs associated with its stock market flotation in March; Company operations; Planned...
- Design stars find new stage in own stores. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;03/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the proliferation of home designer stores in the United States. Chance for retailers to represent the whole of the product in the manner the designer had in mind; Designers' complaints about the treatment of their products in the `B' and `C' store level of department stores; High...
- The Maytag Store. // Chain Store Age;Feb2001, Vol. 77 Issue 2, following p98
Describes the store design of house furnishings and appliance retailer Maytag Store in Des Moines, Iowa. Features; Color scheme.
- spotlight in Birmingham. // Housewares;Oct2003, Issue 177, p14
Focuses on the assessment of stores in Birmingham, England. Categories used in assessing the stores; Rating received by Debenhams PLC; Customer service at the House of Fraser PLC.