Manufacturers and retailers must work closer together
- MARKET REPORT. // Housewares;Apr2000, Issue 151, p18
Presents a statistical overview of the housewares market in Great Britain, between 1995 and 1999.
- TV BOOSTS BRANDS. Sell, George // Housewares;Apr2000, Issue 151, p31
Shares six housewares buyers' experiences of sales in this sector in Great Britain.
- BRC reveals sales rise for February. // Housewares;Apr2007, Issue 205, p4
The article forecast the growth of Great Britain's retail like-for-like sales as of February 2007. According to the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the retail sales of the country was up to 3.3 percent. It was found out that new and contemporary styles did well though heavy discounts were...
- Home. // Discount Store News;11/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p49
Presents several home product retailer and vendor news in the United States. Significance of the appointment of James Alvord as president of ShopKo retail company; Outcome of the introduction of percale bedding line by The Bibb Company; Impact of the entry of Sunbeam company in the water and...
- 'Underweight' stocks don't reflect true values. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;2/23/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p30
In this article the author discusses the status of the home furnishing industry in the U.S. He claims that the country's home furnishing stocks are underweighted because most professional investors choose sectors within stock market that they think will be growing. However, he believes that the...
- New York March 2009 Market. // Home Textiles Today;3/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p1
A calendar of events in New York in 2009 is presented including the HTT Market Kick-Off Party on March 8 and the New York Home Fashions Market from March 9-13.
- Israel's Aminach opens first company store in U.S. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/17/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p146
The article reports on Israeli home furnishings producer and retailer Aminach as it opens its first company-owned retail location in the U.S. The company will offer its contemporary Sapopa line of youth and sofa beds that boast of young and progressive designs that make them perfect for...
- Total home: Discounters take pragmatic steps toward the deal. // Discount Store News;1/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 1, pH4
Reports on retailers' response to consumers' positive reception of the houseware segment. Creation of merchandising space for themed product presentations; Marketing strategies of retailers such as Target and Kmart; Vendors role in the trend; Benefits of cross-merchandising.
- New Chinese Expo Center breaks ground. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/8/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p11
The article reports on the commencement ceremony of China Home Furnishing Expo Center in Foshan, China, on October 27, 2008. It notes that the $1.3 billion complex will market goods from 17 different house furnishing industries. It will provide spaces to accommodate retail storefronts,...
- Sofas for The Masses. Naughton, Keith; Grossman, Kate N.; Raymond, Joan // Newsweek;6/5/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p44
Reports on the home-furnishing retail industry in the United States. Web site of Crate & Barrel for inexpensive housewares, CB2; Reason that furniture merchants are targeting budget shoppers; Background on Crate & Barrel's sales in `cheap chic' housewares.