Marks & Spencer axes mail order in back to basics move
- M&S tests LCDs for big boys' toys. // In-Store;Dec2003, p6
Reports that Marks & Spencer PLC is setting a trial run of in-store media in the men's accessories departments of its five stores throughout the Christmas shopping period. Creators of the media's screen contents.
- M&S sets the brief for future store formats. // Design Week;4/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the efforts of Marks & Spencer to develop a plan for retail formats which involves reassessing the way it works with external design groups. Cost of the store renewal program; Number of its stores in Great Britain; Aim of the program.
- M&S Set To Return To Belgium. // Checkout;Apr2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) will open a store in Brussels, Belgium on May 7, 2015, its first since it left the country in 2001.
- M&S target County Down retail centre. // Estates Gazette;11/5/2005, Issue 544, p26
This article deals with the possible inclusion of Marks & Spencer store at Banbridge in County Down, Northern Ireland in 2005. The group is taking around 10,000 square feet for a discount store, with an option for a 5,000 square feet mezzanine level. Quoting rents on the park are Â£ 26 per...
- Fitch wins M&S revamp. Buxton, Philip // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p5
Reports on Marks & Spencer's appointment of Rodney Fitch & Co. to work on redesigning the retailer's more than 40 neighborhood stores in Great Britain. Main goal for the move; Company's consultation with other design companies about revamping its store formats.
- Retail choice: Marks & Spencer, Victoria. Collett, Nigel // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2005, p14
This article focuses on the retail store of Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) at London, England's Victoria station. With M&S' success dependent on its ability to broaden its market, its new flagship store in London's Victoria station is to be applauded, as every effort has been made to obtain...
- U.K. Retailers Stop Accepting Checks. // Chain Store Age;Mar2008, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p196
The article reports on the decision of retailers in the United Kingdom to stop accepting checks. Tesco would no longer accept paper checks at the checkout lanes in its stores. Additionally, Marks & Spencer will adopt the same policy, effective March 1, 2008, according to a BBC report. Tesco's...
- Simply fashion gets M&S around planning hurdle. // Estates Gazette;9/27/2003, Issue 339, p43
Focuses on a deal forged by clothing retailer Marks & Spencer with Hammerson for a retail park in Swansea, Wales. Terms of the deal; Notions about the purpose of the deal.
- Meet the farmer at Marks. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;12/12/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p6
Provides information on the Meet the Farmer event initiated by Marks & Spencer's Marble Arch store in London, England on December 4, 2003. Objective of the event.